#1 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:19 PM

Dear all,

The gradual and lengthy process of correcting the formatting / display of the c. 19,000 posts imported from the old system is making great headway; at present, only the Ascesis and Praxis and Casual Discussion areas have yet to be corrected (thus you'll still see errant HTML code in messages in these areas, especially on messages that used the 'Quote' feature; this will be sorted shortly for these areas, as it has been for the other areas already).

Some of you will have noticed that imported posts by you don't automatically link to your new account and profile; that is, imported posts simply have a plain-text name at their top-left, indicating who made the post -- but that name is not a blue link connecting to your the poster's user profile, etc.

Gradually we are going through these old posts and linking them to new user profiles. When this happens, that plain-text name indicator is replaced with the proper link to your profile, as well as appropriate poster information. This is a simple procedure in most cases: we simply enter your old display name and link it to your new account, and all older posts by you are updated and linked. (The only time this is not straightforward is if you changed your display name intermittently on the old system, in which case some posts by you are listed as by, e.g., 'John Smith' and others by 'J. Smith', which means we have to do two searches rather than one.)

We'll eventually get to most of these; however, if you're keen to have your old posts properly linked sooner rather than later, please send me a Private Message (click on my name at the top of this message, and select 'Send Private Message' from the drop-down list, indicating to me the display name(s) that appeared on your posts on the old system. I'll make sure to update your posts in the next available batch.

With thanks. I'm happy to see that people are settling into the new system and it seems to be flourishing.

XB, Matthew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users