#1 Christos5

Christos5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

Dear Forum members:

Greetings in Holy Orthodoxy!

I've been looking for the Akathist to St., Maria of Gatchina in English but unfortunately I haven't been able to findf it on the internet.

I know it for sure that it has not been transalted into Greek yet.

I will greatly appreciate if anyone of you has the Akathist to St. Maria of Gatchina kindly post it on this wonderful forum.

I would also appreciate it if someone on this Forum has the Moleben and the Liturgical Service to St. Maria of Gatchina kindly share

them with us, please.

Thanks a lot.

May Jesus and holy martyr St. Maria of Gatchina bless us all.

Christos

#2 Christos5

Christos5

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

Dear Forum Members:

Greetings in Holy Orthodoxy!

I can't find the Liturgical Service, Moleben and Akathist to Saint Theodosius of Caucasus in English.

I 've searched for it throughout the internet at no avail, I was unable to find it.

I will really appreciate if anyone who has it kindly post it to be shared with us.

Thanks.

May Jesus and St. Theodosiys bles us all.

Christos

#3 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

I would just like to point out that it is not necessarily likely that an Akathist exists.  The Akathist is not part of the regular liturgical cycle and as such may never be composed. 

As for finding and posting such things here, I would suggest that if a service or an akathist is found, do not post the text but rather post a link to where it can be found. And remember that often translations of services are under copyright and so cannot be copied and posted in their entirety without permissions from the translator/publisher.

Fr David Moser

#4 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

The Akathist is not part of the regular liturgical cycle and as such may never be composed.

I might add that there are countless saints, including many who are not obscure, for whom no specific hymnody at all has been composed, including for vespers and matins which are very much part of the liturgical cycle. When such a saint is to be commemorated liturgically, the generic services for a saint of appropriate rank are used, and the saint's name is inserted where indicated.

There is no "generic akathist" template as far as I know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users