#1 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:32 PM

Dear all,

In whut I am shure wil bee a releef two manie, the Discussion Community's spell checker has been repaired and restored to service.

You'll now be able to spell-check your posts by clicking the small icon with a check mark and 'ABC', found in the upper right-hand corner of most post editing windows (see the screen shot graphic attached to this post for a large red arrow pointing out the location of the spell check button, which is in a different place than it used to be).

The spell checker still has a rather limited dictionary; but it is 'trainable', meaning that you can instruct it to 'learn' new terms during spell checks, so its accuracy should increase the more you use it (simply click the 'Learn' button in the spell checking window when it highlights a word you wish to add to the dictionary).

INXC, Matthew

Attached Files

#2 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 24 September 2006 - 12:27 AM

Dear all,

In whut I am shure wil bee a releef two manie, the Discussion Community's spell checker has been repaired and restored to service.

You'll now be able to spell-check your posts by clicking the small icon with a check mark and 'ABC', found in the upper right-hand corner of most post editing windows (see the screen shot graphic attached to this post for a large red arrow pointing out the location of the spell check button, which is in a different place than it used to be).

The spell checker still has a rather limited dictionary; but it is 'trainable', meaning that you can instruct it to 'learn' new terms during spell checks, so its accuracy should increase the more you use it (simply click the 'Learn' button in the spell checking window when it highlights a word you wish to add to the dictionary).

INXC, Matthew

Many, many thanks! I had to edit my last post probably 5 times for all the spelling errors I kept missing.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#3 John Charmley

John Charmley

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:22 AM

Dear Matthew,

It may simply be my own technological deficiencies, but when I try to operate the spell-check facility I get an error message. Is anyone else getting this?

INXC

John

#4 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:36 AM

Dear John,

It may simply be my own technological deficiencies, but when I try to operate the spell-check facility I get an error message. Is anyone else getting this?

No, you're quite right: I've just tested and encountered the same thing. I shall look into the matter this weekend and see what the difficulty is.

In the meantime, it's worth pointing out to members and others that the newest versions of both FireFox and Internet Explorer include in-line spelling checkers that are in fact far superior to what we can offer in the forum system.

INXC, Matthew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users