#1 Peter Farrington

Peter Farrington

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:52 PM

Hi

I am finding today that the dates and times of posts on the board are up the creek.

When I try to do a quick link to recent posts I am being told to wait for tens of thousands of seconds because the board obviously thinks I have actually logged on tomorrow. And I can see posts which are dated early tomorrow morning.

Is it just me?

Peter

#2 John Charmley

John Charmley

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:03 PM

I am finding today that the dates and times of posts on the board are up the creek.

When I try to do a quick link to recent posts I am being told to wait for tens of thousands of seconds because the board obviously thinks I have actually logged on tomorrow. And I can see posts which are dated early tomorrow morning.

Is it just me?

No, Peter, it is me as well. I have e mailed Matthew about it. Still, only another 250000 second to go!:cool:

John

#3 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:23 PM

No, Peter, it is me as well. I have e mailed Matthew about it. Still, only another 250000 second to go!:cool:

John

It's been happening with me also for the past few weeks.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#4 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:39 AM

Weeks! Alas, I'd not heard of this issue since John's e-mail yesterday!

I've also no idea what's causing it, as it's not a problem I'm encountering myself. I'll look into it and see what I can discover.

INXC, Matthew

#5 John Charmley

John Charmley

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:08 PM

Peter/Father Raphael/Matthew

I wonder of Father Raphael's is the same problem Peter and I encountered yesterday?

It was very specific to yesterday and, as Peter wrote, took the form of the dialogue box requesting one to wait 5 seconds between posts, and then saying one had 49000 seconds to wait!

By this morning my 49000 seconds had passed, and I could get 'today's posts'. I haven't had a chance to check whether the odd timings attributed to postings have sorted themselves out.

This sounds quite different from Father Raphael's difficulty.

Any one else?

In Christ

John

#6 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:08 PM

Dear all,

I wonder if you could please clarify: is the issue with odd time counts (e.g. 'please wait 45,999 seconds before your next search'...) still occurring, or was it a temporary issue that has resolved itself? I would be grateful to know if this is still happening to anyone, or if the matter is a 'done issue'.

(I note that the issue of the server occasionally being slow is a separate matter, being addressed.)

INXC, Matthew

#7 Peter Farrington

Peter Farrington

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:47 PM

Hi

When it occurred to me, and it has only happened once, I went to revisit the site (and I am normally on all the time) and when I clicked on Quick Links it came up with the message that I could only search 5 seconds after the previous search and that I needed to wait 40,000 seconds plus.

It seemed to me that the site had for some reason decided that I had logged on on the 11th October (it was the 10th) and therefore it did the maths to decide when I had last used the Quick Links new posts feature and decided it was less than 5 seconds ago, because it thought it was actually a whole day in the future. So it then made me wait a whole day until the last time I had searched was indeed greater than 5 seconds ago.

I wondered if my own PC had got the date wrong and so had passed that on to the forum. But I couldn't see that it had. Then I wondered if the server had got the date wrong temporarily, especially since lots of posts had the wrong date and time, and so had logged my last search wrongly as a result.

All is fine now.

Peter

#8 John Charmley

John Charmley

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:48 PM

Dear Matthew

At the risk of provoking the gremlins, at the moment the situation is fine. There were two problems: the 490000 seconds one, and the timing (and thus placing) of some posts.:(

The former has, it seems, sorted itself, and I think posters have sorted the latter by some reposting where necessary.:)

That, at least, is my experience.

In Christ,

John

#9 Owen Jones

Owen Jones

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:31 PM

Not having encountered this problem I can only conclude that I am holier than thou!

#10 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:54 PM

Not having encountered this problem I can only conclude that I am holier than thou!

or maybe Canadian internet. :)

#11 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 02:20 PM

This post made my day. :)

INXC, Matthew

#12 Peter Farrington

Peter Farrington

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:11 PM

This problem has just re-occurred while I was trying to send a PM.

I know need to wait 42000 seconds before doing anything.

Peter

#13 John Charmley

John Charmley

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:28 PM

This problem has just re-occurred while I was trying to send a PM.

I know need to wait 42000 seconds before doing anything.

Peter

Dear Peter,

I guess the fact that I only have to wait 35000 seconds is because I have more reputation point?;)

Hope thie problem gets sorted.

INXC

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users