#1 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:37 AM

Dear friends,

As we continue to have trouble keeping the forum on topic at present, I've switched the Community to moderated mode for the time being. Moderation will be used to turn the forum back to its actual point of focus: Orthodoxy through patristic and monastic studies.

As in particular there seems a certain unwillingness at present to recognised the forum's specific focus as not a place for inter-church / inter-religious dialogue, I'm calling for a temporary moratorium on such discussion altogether. I realise this will be taken badly by some; but this forum simply is not for this purpose, and while our Terms of Use normally allow for such topics to be broached occasionally in the course of focussed dialogue on the actual themes for which the forum exists, the current inability to move back to the proper focus of the Community warrants putting a full stop to all such discussion for the time being. This is not a permanent situation, but will carry on until things get back on track.

It's time for all members to look again at why this Community exists, and re-focus conversation to its actual nature and aims. Other topics need to be taken to fora that exist for their discussion.

If you've any questions about this, please feel very free and welcome to send me a Private Message.

INXC,
Matthew Steenberg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users