#81 Ephrem Gall

Ephrem Gall

Regular Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:21 PM

When I went to find material to do a thesis online for the Antiochian House of Studies, there was no such thing. With the recommendation of my thesis advisor, an Orthodox Priest (Fr. Ted Pulcini) and with the blessing of His Grace Bishop Thomas I developed the weblog Arms Open Wide: Orthodox Christian Disability Resources. armsopenwide.wordpress.com It does not bring the definitive Orthodox word on the matter, but the matter is addressed somewhat extensively; I've made an effort for the last 2.5 years to scour the Internet for resources around the Orthodox Christian world on disability, including mental illness and developmental disability. And I continue to do so.

#82 Andrew D. Morrell

Andrew D. Morrell

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

Good work, Bill. I see you have Holden's paper there... a great study. I will keep your efforts in my prayers.

In Christ,
Andrew

When I went to find material to do a thesis online for the Antiochian House of Studies, there was no such thing. With the recommendation of my thesis advisor, an Orthodox Priest (Fr. Ted Pulcini) and with the blessing of His Grace Bishop Thomas I developed the weblog Arms Open Wide: Orthodox Christian Disability Resources. armsopenwide.wordpress.com It does not bring the definitive Orthodox word on the matter, but the matter is addressed somewhat extensively; I've made an effort for the last 2.5 years to scour the Internet for resources around the Orthodox Christian world on disability, including mental illness and developmental disability. And I continue to do so.

#83 Christopher Dombrowski

Christopher Dombrowski

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:50 AM

I mean people who have schizophrenia, have multiple personalities,

Not necessarily, no.

#84 Yolanda

Yolanda

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

So many garbled datas, it's hard to read. I really want to study more informations about Autism, I am a teacher, I love every child, what can I do for these children according to method of Orthodox education except prayer?
In my opinion, I think Autism is a mysterious disease of soul, I trust Holy Communion is a mysterious medicine, babies were baptized by church, so they can receive Holy Communion frequently. A form of psychic cancer, how to solve it? Isn't there anything I can do? recently these questions keep boring me......

#85 Yolanda

Yolanda

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

I struggled with the question and at last found the answer about Autism:

Still Face Experiment: Dr. Edward Tronick

www.youtube.com/watch?v=apzXGEbZht0

Babies this young are extremely responsive to the emotions and reactivity and social interaction that they get from the world around them...

Baby is a real person, most sensitive person, and the loveliest sinner.

And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: - Luk 1:41

I am deeply moved by God's creation, O give thanks unto the LORD!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users