#221 Sunny

Sunny

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:11 AM

Hi to all,
I finally finished reading through this entire thread. I used to live in Phoenix and was one of the hundreds if not thousands of people who saw the V-shaped lights above the city a few years back. They were endlessly videotaped and no rational explanation was ever found. I saw them from my backyard and also while driving downtown as they stayed immovable for a long time-and they were HUGE. Saying they don't exist because some spiritual person says they don't is illogical. If the airforce base was the cause why would they park them right over the city? It was bizarre. It is also disorienting and frightening to me and doesn't help me personally to be told to forget them and focus on my salvation. I wish we had a government that didn't keep secrets but I guess this is part of the time we live in.
Sunny

#222 Theophrastus

Theophrastus

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:35 PM

Hi to all,
I finally finished reading through this entire thread. I used to live in Phoenix and was one of the hundreds if not thousands of people who saw the V-shaped lights above the city a few years back. They were endlessly videotaped and no rational explanation was ever found. I saw them from my backyard and also while driving downtown as they stayed immovable for a long time-and they were HUGE. Saying they don't exist because some spiritual person says they don't is illogical. If the airforce base was the cause why would they park them right over the city? It was bizarre. It is also disorienting and frightening to me and doesn't help me personally to be told to forget them and focus on my salvation. I wish we had a government that didn't keep secrets but I guess this is part of the time we live in.
Sunny

What about the claim that the Phoenix Lights were a hoax, as this article says?

#223 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

My SF says, if you see an alien and even better, if one wants to talk to you ... just tell them that you love God and ask them to pray with you ... something like the Supplicatory Canon to the Virgin should do the trick ...

;-)

#224 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,821 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

... something like the Supplicatory Canon to the Virgin should do the trick ...

That might take too long, Vasiliki, and one's service book might not be handy when face to face with an alien or its manifestation. Might be more useful to say the "Holy God, Holy Mighty" prayer, or the Jesus prayer while crossing oneself. ;)

#225 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

That might take too long, Vasiliki, and one's service book might not be handy when face to face with an alien or its manifestation. Might be more useful to say the "Holy God, Holy Mighty" prayer, or the Jesus prayer while crossing oneself. ;)

Haha! Well, I hear that aliens LOVE the Virgin mary ... since they are from outerspace (the heavens) they really really know how beautiful her presence is in our lives and they absolutely love to hear the: Axion Estin prayer ...

I mean, we being gravious hosts, if we were to see an alien ...I think it is only polite of us to sing in joy with the aliens a lovely prayer of worship to our Holy Mother!!

ROFL.

#226 Sunny

Sunny

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:42 AM

I never heard the flare explanation and find it very hard to believe. The lights were bright white, round, and could be seen for miles. They also did not move or bounce around like they were tied to a balloon. At that altitude you've got wind to deal with. They did not appear to be moving to me. You had to be there I guess, but I have to say making jokes about this is in poor taste, especially to the thousands who have seen unusual events in the sky and are troubled by them.
Sunny

#227 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:50 AM

Sunny,

You should be more concerned that the devil makes a mockery of people.

Our posts were not jokes - they are not intended at teasing people ... they were posts by two Orthodox who recognise the power of prayer and the the affects of those prayers have on revealing the truth.

If you would like, we were making a mockery of the devil who is making a mockery of so many poor and innocent people with his deceptions.

#228 Alice

Alice

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:56 PM

I never heard the flare explanation and find it very hard to believe. The lights were bright white, round, and could be seen for miles. They also did not move or bounce around like they were tied to a balloon. At that altitude you've got wind to deal with. They did not appear to be moving to me. You had to be there I guess, but I have to say making jokes about this is in poor taste, especially to the thousands who have seen unusual events in the sky and are troubled by them.
Sunny

Dear sister in Christ, Sunny,

For what it is worth, I believe you. I cannot explain these phenomena. Sometimes I think that some accounts I have read do sound like demonic attacks (a Mexican policeman who was assaulted by some alien type of beings for instance) and other times, like in what you saw, I do not know for sure.

The only thing I can say, (and I can sense that it left an indelible mark upon your memory), is to try not to think or contmeplate about it too much, because *that* in itself can be a trick of the evil one to make you question our faith in our Lord.

When we think too much about mysteries of the universe it can threaten the very foundation of faith in God. Our intellect can sometimes be our worst enemy...that is why faith is of the heart.

When we die and hopefully find ourselves close to the Lord, I am sure that all the mysteries which exist in the world but which we cannot explain will be revealed. In the meantime, be in peace and try to think and concentrate more on your spiritual path in this world and the hope of the world to come with all assuredness in that which *we do know for sure*, our revealed annointed one (Christ), Jesus, the Lord God, became man for us and for our salvation. :-)

In His love and peace,
Alice :-)

#229 Herman Blaydoe

Herman Blaydoe

• Moderators
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:50 PM

Sunny

I have worked with weather (high altitude) balloons, just this past summer. They don't behave like party balloons, they don't bounce around. At altitude things moving at a very high speed do not appear to be moving much at all, and a flare in the sky would indeed be a bright white and round light. Sorry but based on my own experience, this seems like a very plausible explanation, much more so than aliens.

Let's look at this logically, shall we? We can't even find one old Moslem on dialysis, nor prevent his cohorts from causing trouble. Do you honestly believe that a civilization with technology capable of intergalactic travel can be prevented from making its presence known to us? And if they don't want to be "known", why are they so bad at keeping themselves "secret" if all these reports are to be believed?

I have seen a strange thing or too in my day however, this is not the time or place to go into that. I do think it is worthwhile to note that ordinary things can seem very extraordinary from a strange perspective and can be very difficult to recognize for what they are. And the persistence of insistence is amazing. There are people that still believe that a little girl actually took picture of fairies. Then again, if you want to believe in aliens, who are we to say otherwise. But do not be troubled, keep your eyes on Christ and that which is needful and don't get to worked up over the other stuff, real or imagined.

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 14:27

Or so it seems to this bear of little brain.

Herman the Pooh

Edited by Herman Blaydoe, 16 February 2009 - 04:11 PM.
too many "but"s, required rewording.

#230 Ben Johnson

Ben Johnson

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:41 AM

Our galaxy, not to mention millions of other galaxies, is certainly big enough for life to exist outside of earth. All I can say is, if the LORD wants life to exist outside of earth, it does. If the LORD does not want life to exist outside of earth, it does not.

#231 Jake A.

Jake A.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:45 AM

Some Fathers of the Church, including Seraphim Rose, have written that the UFO's are actually demons, and I completely agree with this, all evidence points to them being spiritual beings that physically manifest themselves in this dimention.

If you want any further proof, then google "Aliester Crowley LAM", LAM is a demon that Satanist Aliester Crowley contacted in the 1920's, and that picture (drawn by Crowley) is dated the same time, see and similarities between LAM and the present image of what we now know as aliens? They are indeed nephilim, the watchers from the sky that the Bible mentions, Lucifer's fallen angels.

If you want more on this, you can check out these videos, I have found them be of great help to anyone who watches them, Orthodox and non.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar0zFEkKClo&feature=related

Don't fall victim to the lies of the New Age and what the government wants you to believe, I know we should all focus our eyes on the Lord at all times, but it doesn't do us harm to know our enemy and the tricks he has in store for us in order to usher in his New World Order.

God Bless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users