59 replies to this topic

#21 Anthony

Anthony

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:45 PM

(Edited out - redundant, problem solved.)

#22 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:34 PM

Social Groups?

I wonder if Fr Matthew might add a few comments on their functionality and intended use.

I am wondering about this too, I have a few requests in my PM box for this and I am wondering what this is about? Not that I'm not a fun guy (fungi) or anything, but I am wondering what this is for (what is its intended use?) before I begin participating.

Thank you.

In Christ,
Rick

#23 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 26 December 2007 - 03:31 PM

The buttons in the Reply to Thread box have stopped functioning.

Thanks.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#24 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:30 PM

Fr Dn Matthew wrote:

any bugs please in this thread, so we can work out the kinks that are sure to remain in this early phase of open testing and usage,

For the past week the buttons, eg the quote button, in the Reply to Thread pane do not function for me (ie they do not 'press in' but remain flat on the screen when you click on them with the mouse).

Do any of you have a similar problem or any suggested solutions?

Thanks.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

Edited by Fr Raphael Vereshack, 29 December 2007 - 05:32 PM.
helpful addition

#25 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:36 PM

Dear Father,

You wrote:

For the past week the buttons, eg the quote button, in the Reply to Thread pane do not function for me (ie they do not 'press in' but remain flat on the screen when you click on them with the mouse).

I am using the "reply to thread" function and the quote button there works quite well for me (as you can see above). I am using the Firefox browser and don't generally seem to have any problems with this particular issue.

One thing that doesn't work for me however are the navigation links across the top of the page - the one's down the side work fine, but the ones across the top don't seem to be active.

Fr David Moser

#26 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:47 PM

I am getting logged out after a few minutes of inactivity or perceived inativity. If posting and I take longer than 5ish minutes to post I get prompted to log in again.

I assume this is a server saving feature but I wish I could finish my "in-depth thougt provoking blabber" in a post before I get the boot.

Thanks
Paul

#27 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:33 PM

Dear Father,

You wrote:

I am using the "reply to thread" function and the quote button there works quite well for me (as you can see above). I am using the Firefox browser and don't generally seem to have any problems with this particular issue.

One thing that doesn't work for me however are the navigation links across the top of the page - the one's down the side work fine, but the ones across the top don't seem to be active.

Fr David Moser

Oh boy! For me it's the exact opposite. The links work fine but not the buttons.

I'm also using Firefox but I'm not sure if that's the problem.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#28 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:35 PM

I am getting logged out after a few minutes of inactivity or perceived inativity. If posting and I take longer than 5ish minutes to post I get prompted to log in again.

I assume this is a server saving feature but I wish I could finish my "in-depth thougt provoking blabber" in a post before I get the boot.

Thanks
Paul

This also happened to me during the transition period to the new program. It's stopped though in the past few days.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#29 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:40 PM

Oh I just noticed another quirk in the new system.

The quote function works automatically when I just press Edit and leave the previous post quote alone in the Reply box.

But if I edit the quote & then try to frame it using the quote button then this along with the rest of the buttons doesn't function.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#30 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:07 AM

How do I delete soft deleted chat messages? I can foresee my chat area getting cumbersome.

Thanks
Paul

#31 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

Thank you for noting this. We've corrected the problem, and the links across the top-right should now work properly.

#32 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:33 PM

I cannot emulate this problem: On my machine, the editor toolbar when composing / replying to a message works as intended in the latest Windows releases of Firefox, IE7 and Safari.

Perhaps you (or anyone else who might be experiencing similar) could provide me with fuller details of your operating system, browser client and version numbers, as well as ensuring that you have java / javascript enabled -- via a PM and I'll see if the techies can make sense of it.

#33 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:37 PM

When you log in to the Community, ensure that you tick the 'Remember me?' box next to the username and password entry fields, before you click the 'Login' button. This sets a 'cookie' that causes the system to remember you as logged in past the five-minute auto-logout (which is not a server saving feature, but a security feature for people accessing the forum from public machines). Ticking the box causes the cookie to remember you any time you visit the forum until you specifically log out -- which resets the cookie to 'off' -- or otherwise clear cookies in your browser.

If you're suffering from problems with this, try clearing cookies in your browser; then log into the Discussion Community, ensuring that you tick the box.

#34 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:53 PM

Fr Dn Matthew wrote:

I cannot emulate this problem:

Perhaps you (or anyone else who might be experiencing similar) could provide me with fuller details of your operating system, browser client and version numbers, as well as ensuring that you have java / javascript enabled -- via a PM and I'll see if the techies can make sense of it.

Ah- the last comment jogged my memory. I use the No Script script blocker on the Firefox browser. I have monachos.net on the 'currently allowed' setting which was always good enough in the past. But when I checked under Options the whitelist didn't have monachos.net.

Now that I have added monachos.net to the whitelist all the buttons appear as they should.

Many thanks.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#35 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:52 PM

One feature from the old system that I really miss is the "new posts" button on the quotes page. That way I could set the quotes as my home page and always be able to see if there was discussion community activity. Not a big deal, just something I miss.

Fr David Moser

#36 Anthony

Anthony

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:52 AM

The search facility seems not to be working at the moment, unless I am doing something stupid. Anything I try returns "no matches".

#37 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:02 AM

The search facility seems not to be working at the moment, unless I am doing something stupid. Anything I try returns "no matches".

It seems to be working just fine for me -- I've just given it a test. If you continue to experience problems, it is likely do to a client problem on your end. Feel free to PM me and provide fuller details so I can recommend ways to sort it out.

#38 Anthony

Anthony

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:22 AM

I am logged in from an internet cafe, so it may well be something to do with settings imposed on the client. If I have the same problem from my own machine, I will get in touch.

#39 Anthony

Anthony

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:54 PM

It seems to be working fine now in general. However, my attempts to search for Hus still draw a blank, despite the fact that there was an old post about him here. I am just curious why that is.

#40 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:11 PM

though we trust that the new system is so far superior to the old, that the hassle will be well worth it.

INXC, Dcn Matthew

Oh thank you so much for making it so much easier (no resizing needed) for uploading pictures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users