59 replies to this topic

#41 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:00 PM

One feature from the old system that I really miss is the "new posts" button on the quotes page.

And like magic, my wish has been granted and the missing button is returned! Many thanks.

Fr David

#42 Anthony

Anthony

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:26 PM

Another dumb question (sorry). When I am notifified that there is member chat waiting for me, and I click that entry on the "your notifications" menu", I get taken to my profile page but can't find any link to chat. What am I doing wrong (or is it my browser again?).

#43 Mary

Mary

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

Another dumb question (sorry). When I am notifified that there is member chat waiting for me, and I click that entry on the "your notifications" menu", I get taken to my profile page but can't find any link to chat. What am I doing wrong (or is it my browser again?).

On your profile page, there's a bunch different tabs: "About me", "Member Chat", "Friends", "Statistics"... you should find your 'chat' message under the Member Chat tab. At least, that's where I've found mine. =)

Mary

#44 Anthony

Anthony

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:45 PM

On your profile page, there's a bunch different tabs: "About me", "Member Chat", "Friends", "Statistics"... you should find your 'chat' message under the Member Chat tab. At least, that's where I've found mine. =)

Mary

Got it, thanks Mary. Though actually I don't get these tabs in Netscape, only About Me. No Friends, not even Statistics :(

#45 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:28 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a quick link button anywhere to the "Who's online feature?"

At the present I go to the Discussion Community page and scroll down and hit "others," but I'm wondering if there is another option.

Thank you.

In Christ,
Rick

#46 Anthony

Anthony

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a quick link button anywhere to the "Who's online feature?"

If you click the "contacts" pull-down menu at the top of the page, there is a link to "who's online" there.

#47 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

If you click the "contacts" pull-down menu at the top of the page, there is a link to "who's online" there.

That's great! Thank you very much.

In Christ,
Rick

#48 Anthony

Anthony

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:31 PM

I have just heard that Netscape is going to be discontinued, so please ignore my whingeing about browsers. For practical reasons it will be difficult to install Firefox in the near future, so I will just have to accept more trips to the internet cafe.

#49 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:27 PM

Just want to mention that since the new system has been put in place, on the Discussion Community board, the buttons for the "Site Areas" (Main, Patristics, Monasticism, etc.) overlap with the "Search Results" area for about two inches. This makes it pretty hard to hit some of the buttons on some of the screen. When I move to click on something on the left hand of the screen the Site Area button nearest what I want lights up with a rectangle and obscures what I am trying to click on.

I have been trying to work around this and probably wouldn't have mentioned anything, but now I see when I click on the "Threads & Posts" option and then try to click on the arrow for the particular post this doesn't work now.

Possibly, this has something to do with the invisible judaizers Fr. Raphael spoke about (which are back as of last night if any noticed the reoccurring post of Anthony's last night).

This new system is much nicer and I imagine it will take a bit to work out he bugs, but just thought I would share my experience in case it is of any help to the cause.

In Christ,
Rick

#50 Herman Blaydoe

Herman Blaydoe

• Moderators
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:44 PM

Just want to mention that since the new system has been put in place, on the Discussion Community board, the buttons for the "Site Areas" (Main, Patristics, Monasticism, etc.) overlap with the "Search Results" area for about two inches. This makes it pretty hard to hit some of the buttons on some of the screen. When I move to click on something on the left hand of the screen the Site Area button nearest what I want lights up with a rectangle and obscures what I am trying to click on.

I have been trying to work around this and probably wouldn't have mentioned anything, but now I see when I click on the "Threads & Posts" option and then try to click on the arrow for the particular post this doesn't work now.

Possibly, this has something to do with the invisible judaizers Fr. Raphael spoke about (which are back as of last night if any noticed the reoccurring post of Anthony's last night).

This new system is much nicer and I imagine it will take a bit to work out he bugs, but just thought I would share my experience in case it is of any help to the cause.

In Christ,
Rick

I see the same thing when I am using MS Explorer and XP, but it looks just fine at home on my Mac using Safari.

#51 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:09 PM

In Christ,
Rick

Yes, this also occurs for me also when I open the sidebar in Firefox. Without the sidebar however everything works fine.

Personally I would prefer being able to use the sidebar if possible.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#52 RichardWorthington

RichardWorthington

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:32 PM

Dear Moderate Moderators!

I do enjoy the new look, but I have found that when posting I cannot upload atachments. However, if I were to start a new thread the upload button works producing the attachment screen.

Just thought I'd point it out.

Best wishes,
Richard:)

#53 Michael Stickles

Michael Stickles

• Moderators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:04 PM

I noticed the same thing as Richard. The specific error message we get is of this form:

Java Script Error

Description:"null" is null or not an object.
Source: httq://www.monachos.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=56397
Line:454

(I changed "http" to "httq" so the URL wouldn't become a link)

I tested what Richard said about starting a new thread, and that one's strange. The "Manage Attachments" window does come up, but so does an error message saying something like:

Java Script Error

Description:Object required
Source: httq://www.monachos.net/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=290
Line:957

Mike

#54 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:54 PM

Dear all,

With thanks to those who reported the problems with file attachments when replying to a post. I think this has now been sorted, and the ability to attach files to replies should now be restored.

INXC, Dcn Matthew

#55 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:31 PM

Can anyone else view page 9 of the American Orthodoxy II thread?

I am trying to catch up on the posts there and I can view every page in this thread except page 9 (the one I want to read :)

#56 Father Anthony

Father Anthony

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

Can anyone else view page 9 of the American Orthodoxy II thread?

I am trying to catch up on the posts there and I can view every page in this thread except page 9 (the one I want to read :)

Rick,

I can view all the pages fine, and I am using Firefox as the browser. You might want to try clearing your cache or temp files (depending on your browser) and then try again.

I hope this works.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+

#57 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:04 PM

Dear Father Anthony,

Thanks for letting me know. Is there anything good there on page 9? :) Just kidding, hopefully trying what you have suggested will work so I can get my morning fix.

In Christ,
Rick

#58 Father Anthony

Father Anthony

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:06 PM

Dear Father Anthony,

Thanks for letting me know. Is there anything good there on page 9? :) Just kidding, hopefully trying what you have suggested will work so I can get my morning fix.

In Christ,
Rick

Rick,

There is some real juicy stuff there that you are missing! :rolleyes: (Just kidding also). Hopefully you can get the problem resolved.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+

#59 David Naess

David Naess

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:06 PM

Has the "Posts counter" been disconnected or discontinued?

Mine seems to be stuck at 57.

Just thought that I'd let you know.

EDIT: It increased with this post but it wasn't advancing with some of my other posts.

Edited by David Naess, 15 January 2008 - 04:08 PM.
additional information

#60 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:09 AM

Dave. I had te same question some time ago. Only certain threads do not count towards yout counter such as introductions and I think personal topics.

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users