just experimenting...

#2 Amy

Amy

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:29 AM

hmm...I uploaded an image to use for an avatar, but don't see it ...

#3 Amy

Amy

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:33 AM

My goodness, there are so many features on this forum! I need to take a class...;)

I see the avatar when I click on my profile, but aren't the avatars supposed to appear in the threads?

#4 Amy

Amy

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:35 AM

and I've noticed that my post count gets stuck every once in a while. Maybe just part of the glitches to work through.

You all are doing a WONDERFUL job in working on this forum! Thank You!

#5 Michael Stickles

Michael Stickles

• Moderators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:48 AM

My goodness, there are so many features on this forum! I need to take a class...;)

I see the avatar when I click on my profile, but aren't the avatars supposed to appear in the threads?

Nope - Matthew posted a note around here somewhere that they don't appear in the threads, only the profiles and things like "friends lists", etc.

Mike

#6 Michael Stickles

Michael Stickles

• Moderators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:51 AM

and I've noticed that my post count gets stuck every once in a while. Maybe just part of the glitches to work through.

I remember a discussion somewhere a while back where it was noted that posts in some threads don't count towards our post counts. The informal chat area was one I think; not sure if there were others. That might be part of what's going on.

#7 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:23 PM

Dear Amy and others, regarding certain features, you wrote:

To which Mike replied:

Nope - Matthew posted a note around here somewhere that they don't appear in the threads, only the profiles and things like "friends lists", etc.

That's right. The ability to put avatars on posts has long been 'in our hands', but we've never thought them suitable to this forum. They tend to make fora look vry unprofessional and haphazard.

Here in the Discussion Community, avatars are features in profiles, friends and social groups - but not on posts themselves.

I remember a discussion somewhere a while back where it was noted that posts in some threads don't count towards our post counts. The informal chat area was one I think; not sure if there were others. That might be part of what's going on.

Again, Mike is spot on. Posts made in the main discussion areas of the forum count towards each member's post count; while posts made in the 'Casual and Personal Conversation' area do not.

INXC, Dcn Matthew

#8 RichardWorthington

RichardWorthington

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:13 AM

If the word 'avatar' can be considered similar to the word 'angel' then it is very ancient and Orthodox to have such things in Monachos - "It is his angel" (Acts 12:15) !!! :)

#9 Amy

Amy

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:06 PM

Thanks much for your comments and answers. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users