Photo
- - - - -

Inability of Satan and his angels to repent?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Ben Johnson

Ben Johnson

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:37 AM

Paraphrase?

#42 Robert

Robert

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:21 AM

Quite easily. Some Bible translations are less accurate to the known originals than others.

There aren't any ' known originals ' everything is based on alleged accurate Copies at best!

#43 Rdr Andreas

Rdr Andreas

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

The point is that the Church, guided as it is, according to Christ's promise, into truth by the Holy Spirit, has determined the holy scriptures which we have.

It should be noted that this site is for the discussion of Orthodoxy through its patristic, liturgical and monastic deposit; it is not for the defence of Orthodoxy against non-Orthodox people who do not accept its faith and its deposit. Legitimate enquiry is one thing: polemical challenge quite another.

#44 Hen

Hen

Junior Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:51 PM

.... When demons possess a person and entice him to, for example, drink huge quantities of alcoholic beverage, the demon enjoys the drunken state but withdraws from the human when the hangover arrives. The demon returns when the human feels better and again entices him to drink. So the human suffers for his transgression in this life through his physical body but the demon avoids suffering for sin until after the judgement day. Suffering encourages repentance. The human body is the means to human suffering. So, yes, repentance is tied in with corporeality.

I disagree with the above Victor! i don't think the all loving God will allow such injustice. When we drink excessively we should not say the demons compelled us rather say we get drunk with our free will. I don't think the light in human can be moved by anything unless it will. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users