#1 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

Dear readers and members,

I return from some time away to note that the number of threads dealing with 'creation and evolution' topics has grown, with many of the discussions remaining quite amorphous and not particularly relating to the more specific titles some have been given.

I'll be keeping an eye on the discussions to see how things might be moved about, re-organised, or otherwise managed to ensure focus. It is well and good to have multiple threads dealing with issues from different angles, but we need to be sure that such focus does indeed remain, and we don't end up with three 'cloned' threads, each repeating the same round-and-about discussions.

For the time being, please could members post in the threads as follows:

• Creation and evolutionary theory, I - Closed.
  • Creation and evolutionary theory, II - Discussion on the interrelation of views on creation and various evolutionary theories, with the special expectation that participants thoroughly read the full contents of the first thread, and any previous posts in this second, before posting, to ensure that circles already gone around seven or eight times do not reappear for a ninth or tenth.
  • Genesis literally - Discussion of creation as grounded in literal readings of the Genesis account, without engagement with evolutionary questions.
  • Evolution as a viable component in the creation of life - Discussion of creation accepting evolutionary theories as compatible with Christian testimony.
Discussion directly on creation/evolution themes should be confined to these four threads, and not spread out to other areas.

Please bear in mind that in all threads, discussion needs to fall within the forum's focus on Orthodoxy through patristic and monastic testimony, and simple scientific discussions per se are not appropriate to this focus.

INXC, Dcn Matthew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users