• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joshua George

Joshua George

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

I am writing a paper on 1 Corinthians 15 in which I have to write an exposition of the passage, give the theological implications of that passage,and give my own personal reflection and practical application based on the exposition and theological implications. I am looking for commentaries and journal articles from an Orthodox view point on this passage. I know that I could probably find something written by St. John Chrysostom and St. Athanasius, but would like some other sources as well whether it be from modern or ancient sources... I do not have access to a major library, so any recommended websites would be preferred but any recommendations is appreciated.

Joshua

#2 Brad D.

Brad D.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

I am sorry nobody has replied to you...it seems so many on our forum here are sleeping these days.  

I just did a Google search, and found this commentary by Fr Averky:  http://www.roca.org/...13-114/113c.htm

You may also find this useful, it is an index of Patristic uses of scripture in the Ante-Nicene Fathers.  Sometimes it doesn't work all that well, but I have found it to be very valuable in some cases:  http://www.earlychri...s.com/e-catena/

Brad

#3 Brad D.

Brad D.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

I also just stumbled upon a quote by St Symeon the New Theologian about the implications for all of creation.  He uses 1 Cor 15 to related to the New Heavens and New Earth, describing our our present world is being sewn corruptible, but will be raised in glory.  The quote is from First-Created Man, pp 103-5, if you can get a copy of it.

#4 Rdr Andreas

Rdr Andreas

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

it seems so many on our forum here are sleeping these days

In the northern hemisphere, we feel we should be hibernating. ;)

#5 Brad D.

Brad D.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

lol!  yes, it is hibernation time!  

#6 Joshua George

Joshua George

• Members