96 replies to this topic

#41 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:09 AM

"My Lord, Who showed Your immaculate Mother to be more venerable than the heavenly powers, forgive my sins through her holy intercessions and drive far away from me every immorality, impurity, judgment, jealousy, wrath, injustice, negligence, vainglory, pride, avarice, cruelty, drunkenness, evil desire, and especially the insignificant and very bitter praise of men. Yes, my God, grant that men consider me worthless, that they may detest me. O Lover of man, let no one on earth praise or honor me. My Lord, let no one say that Nephon is a saint, that I may not be punished for it. O God of Heaven and earth, deliver me from praise of men. Liberate me from the bonds of the desire to please man..."

St. Nephon, p.22

#42 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:18 AM

Sweet and beautiful Jesus, You came to the least of Your creatures! The life, joy and fragrance of the immaculate angels, You came to delight Your vile servant. Welcome, You Who fill all things and transcend every delight! Blessed and glorified be He Who comes. Remember me n Your glory, in the beauty of Paradise. Remember me in Heaven, in the songs of the angels. Remember me, O blessed by the Cherubim and the Seraphim, full of grandeur and light, divine reflection and perfect imprint of the Father. Remember me, O endless sea of immortal philanthropy. My Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me as long as I breathe. Never depart from my side. Shield me and show me the way to eternity."

St. Nephon, pp.54-55

#43 Mary Ann H.

Mary Ann H.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:00 PM

There is a wonderful long prayer by St. Isaac the Syrian that we read at the end of the Acathist to Jesus that I wonder if any of you outside of the Romanian tradition are familiar with. I have seen the first part of it in Greek but would love to know where I could find the entire prayer in Greek, English or Slavonic. In my own poor translation the prayer starts out like this:

"Lord Jesus Christ, our God, who wept for Lazarus and shed tears of grief and compassion for him, receive my tears. With your suffering, cure my suffering. With your wounds, heal my wounds. With your blood, purify my blood …"

and ends with these words:

"Count me among the sheep of your most select flock. Feed me together with them from the verdure of your divine mysteries. For their pure heart is your lodging and in it can be seen the glory of your revelations. Your glory is comfort and rest for those who have struggled for you in misfortune and every kind of torment. Make me the unworthy one also worthy of this glory, with the grace and love of mankind of our saviour Jesus Christ, for ever and ever. Amen."

Mary Ann

#44 Effie Ganatsios

Effie Ganatsios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:44 PM

Dear Effie,

Please find here what you are looking for.

D

Nina, I was referring to the hymn that is sung during Holy Week. If you visit the site I provided a link for, you can hear it sung by Gaitanos. Thanks for going to the trouble to look for it.

Petros Gaitanos can also be heard here

This is a really beautiful video. I have bookmarked it for Easter.

Effie

This is the CD I have : http://greekhits.blo...-post_9040.html

#45 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:48 AM

Ah, Effie, you are speaking about the Lamentations' Axion Esti and not the Axion Estin for Panagia! Sorry...

What you are looking for is the Second Part of the Lamentations chanted on Friday Evening (but it is really part of the Great Saturday Matins).

Here is a part of it from this website:

IT IS RIGHT TO MAGNIFY YOU,
LIFE-GIVING LORD;
YOU HAVE STRETCHED OUT YOUR MOST PURE ARMS UPON THE CROSS,
AND BROKEN THE ENEMY'S POWER.

Your hands have made and fashioned me; give me understanding that I
may learn Your commandments.
O CREATOR OF ALL.
WE ARE FREED FROM PASSION THROUGH YOUR PASSION,
AND DELIVERED FROM CORRUPTION. ...

However the bilingual book (Holy Week services by Fr. Papadeas) that I have, has a better translation. I do not have lots of time right now to type the translation in English here. However later I can - and of course if you need it.

#46 Effie Ganatsios

Effie Ganatsios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:22 AM

Ah, Effie, you are speaking about the Lamentations' Axion Esti and not the Axion Estin for Panagia! Sorry...

What you are looking for is the Second Part of the Lamentations chanted on Friday Evening (but it is really part of the Great Saturday Matins).

Here is a part of it from this website:

LIFE-GIVING LORD;
YOU HAVE STRETCHED OUT YOUR MOST PURE ARMS UPON THE CROSS,
AND BROKEN THE ENEMY'S POWER.

Your hands have made and fashioned me; give me understanding that I
may learn Your commandments.
O CREATOR OF ALL.
WE ARE FREED FROM PASSION THROUGH YOUR PASSION,
AND DELIVERED FROM CORRUPTION. ...

However the bilingual book (Holy Week services by Fr. Papadeas) that I have, has a better translation. I do not have lots of time right now to type the translation in English here. However later I can - and of course if you need it.

Nina, what can I say? Thank you so much.

This is exactly what I wanted. I am listening to Gatianos right now and reading the words in English and I have goose bumps.

Thank you so much and if it is not too much trouble, please post the full translation from your book.

Beautiful!!!

Effie

#47 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:22 PM

1. It is meet to magnify Thee, the Giver of Life, Thou Who didst extend Thine hands upon the Cross, and shatter the power of the enemy.
2. It is meet to magnify Thee, the Creator of all; for by Thy sufferings we are freed from suffering and delivered from corruption.
3. The earth shuddered and the sun hid itself, when Thou, O Christ the Saviour, the unwaning Light, didst in the flesh sink down into the grave.
4. Though hadst neither form nor comeliness, O Word before, in Thy sufferings, but rising up Thou hast illuminated and beautified mortals with Divine radiance.
5. The sun and the moon were darkened, O Saviour, and these servants shewed themselves faithful, wrapped round with black robes.
6. The sun darkened his light and shuddered when he saw Thee, O Christ, the unseen Light, bereft of breath, and hidden in the grave.
7. O God, the eternal Word,beyond description, Thy pure Mother, beholding Thee in a Tomb, wept bitterly.
8. When Thine all-pure Mother beheld Thy death, O Christ, she cried out with bitterness: Tarry not, O Life, among the dead.
9. The fearful Hades trembled when it saw Thee, O Immortal Sun of Glory, and in haste gave up its captives.
10. Now, all the faithful, who were redeemed from death by the Tomb, extol with hymns Thy Crucifixion and Thy Tomb, O Christ.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

11. God without beginning, co-eternal Word and Spirit, as a righteous Lord strengthen the scepters of the kings against their enemies.

Now and ever and to the Ages of Ages. Amen.

12. O Glorious and most pure Virgin, who didst bring forth the Life, of thy goodness cause discord to cease in the Church, and do thou grant peace.

From prayers of the Great Friday Evening - Lamentations: Second Stasis

Μεγαλι Εβδομασ - Πασχα; Holy Week - Easter, Compiled by Father George L. Papadeas Protopresbyter

#48 Rdr Andreas

Rdr Andreas

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:26 AM

Prayer at Daybreak

O Lord Eternal and Creator of all things,
Who of Thine inscrutable goodness didst call me to this life;
Who didst bestow on me the grace of Baptism
and the Seal of the Holy Spirit;
Who hast imbued me with the desire to seek Thee,
the one true God: hear my prayer.

I have no life, no light, no joy or wisdom;
no strength except in Thee, O God.
Because of my unrighteousness I dare not raise my eyes to
Thee.
But Thou didst say to Thy disciples,
'Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer believing, ye shall receive’
and 'Whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do'.
Wherefore I dare to invoke Thee.
Purify me from all taint of flesh and spirit.
Teach me to pray aright.

Bless this day which Thou dost give unto me,
Thine unworthy servant. By the power of Thy blessing
enable me at all times to speak and act to Thy glory
with a pure spirit, with humility, patience, love,
gentleness, peace, courage and wisdom:
aware always of Thy presence.

Of Thine immense goodness, O Lord God, shew me the
path of Thy will,
and grant me to walk in Thy sight without sin.

O Lord, unto Whom all hearts be open,
Thou knowest what things I have need of.
Thou art acquainted with my blindness and my ignorance,
Thou knowest my infirmity and my soul's corruption;
but neither are my pain and anguish hid from Thee.

Wherefore I beseech Thee, hear my prayer
and by Thy Holy Spirit teach me the way wherein I should
walk;
and when my perverted will would lead me down other paths
spare me not, O Lord, but force me back to Thee.
By the power of Thy love, grant me to hold fast to that which is
good.
Preserve me from every word or deed that corrupts the
soul;
from every impulse unpleasing in Thy sight
and hurtful to my brother-man.
Teach me what I should say and how I should speak.
If it be Thy will that I make no answer,
inspire me to keep silent in a spirit of peace
that causeth ncithcr sorrow nor hurt to my fellow.
Establish me in the path of Thy commandments
and to my last breath let me not stray from the light of Thine ordinances,
that Thy commandments may become the sole law of my being,
on this earth and in all eternity.

Yea, Lord, I pray Thee, have pity on me.
Spare me in mine affliction and my misery
and hide not the way of salvation from me.

In my foolishness, O God, I plead with Thee for many and
great things.
Yet am I ever mindful of my wickedness, my baseness, my
vileness.
Have mercy upon me.
Cast me not away from Thy presence because of my
presumption.
Do Thou rather increase in me this presumption,
and grant unto me, the worst of men,
to love Thee as Thou hast commanded,
with all my heart, and with all my soul,
and with all my mind, and with all my strength:
with my whole being.

Yea, O Lord, by Thy Holy Spirit,
teach me good judgment and knowledge.
Grant me to know Thy truth before I go down into the grave.
Maintain my life in this world until I may offer unto Thee
worthy repentance.
Take me not away in the midst of my days,
nor while my mind is still blind.
When Thou shalt be pleased to bring my life to an end,
forewarn me that I may prepare my soul to come before
Thee.
Be with me, O Lord, at that dread hour
and grant me the joy of salvation.
Cleanse Thou me from secret faults,
from all iniquity that is hid in me;
and give me a right answer before Thy judgment-seat.

Yea, Lord, of Thy great mercy
and immeasurable love for mankind,

Hear my prayer.

This prayer is by Fr Sophrony and appears in his book, ‘His Life is Mine'. He writes that Christ calls sinners to repentance and that it is the sick who need a physician. He then writes that the Church has proved that for prayer no sickness of spirit is incurable. Whatever wordly loss or disadvantage we may suffer, if we turn to God, a process of healing begins. We are healed of the wounds of our passions and even our appearance will change. He goes on, ‘If any of my readers is suffering from some psychological wound occasioned by failure in life, he can attain to a regal freedom of spirit and radically change his whole life if he turns to God every day with a personal prayer such as this.’

Fr Sophrony says such praying is not easy. But if we persist so that prayer permeates our being, the soul is freed from extraneous pressure, and we create a loving tie with God. Then we ‘shall not care what people think of us, or how they treat us. We shall cease to be afraid of falling out of favour. We shall love our fellow men without thought of whether they love us . . . Prayer can accomplish all things’.

Metropolitan Hierotheos of Nafpaktos writes that this prayer not only blesses the day but is also eschatological for it is a prayer for the advent of that great day, the Second Coming of Christ. This prayer expresses a personal relationship with God like that which the Psalmist had. It is the prayer of a child of God – there are no orphans. The prayer contains profound self-accusation which ‘is a sign of an Orthodox disposition’. It is a prayer for all, not only for monastics.

[The Greek text of the prayer on which Met. Hierotheos comments at some length differs slightly from the text given above.]

I have to confess that I rarely say this prayer these days but there was a time when it was very important to me and did indeed help to heal a certain sickness of soul. It is, though, a favourite prayer, and thinking about it now inspires me to think I should take it up again.

#49 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:29 PM

This is beautiful dear Andreas. Thank you!

#50 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

Lord, have mercy on all who ridicule me or hate me. You know the evil one incites them to do this, just as he makes me continually embitter Your divine Name. For this reason I beg You, Almighty God and Lord of mercy, to forgive and bless those who scorn me. Cause them to emerge as spiritual stars, great saints. Grant them goodness and gentleness. Give them peace, enlighten them, and enable them to enjoy Your eternal glory, O Lover of man.

St. Nephon

From Stories, Sermons, And Prayers of St. Nephon an Ascetic Bishop, p. 57

#51 Allen Long

Allen Long

Junior Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:40 AM

Nina,

I needed this prayer today. Thank you, for sharing it.

Allen

St. Nephon

From Stories, Sermons, And Prayers of St. Nephon an Ascetic Bishop, p. 57

#52 Christopher

Christopher

Retired member, no longer active on forum

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me!

#53 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:56 AM

"Christ, Master of all, free us from all destructive passions and the thoughts born of them. For Your sake we came into being, so that we might delight in the paradise which You have planted and in which You have placed us. We brought our present disgrace upon ourselves, preferring destruction to the delights of blessedness. We have paid for this, for we have exchanged eternal life for death. O Master, as once You have looked on us, look on us now; as You became man, save all of us. For You came to save us who were lost. Do not exclude us from the company of those who are being saved. Raise up our souls and save our bodies, cleansing us from all impurity. Break the fetters of the passions that constrain us, as once You have broken the ranks of the impure demons. Free us from their tyranny, so that we may worship You alone, the eternal light, having risen from the dead and dancing with the angels in the blessed, eternal and indissoluble dance. Amen."

From St. Thalassios (The Philokalia Vol. 2; Faber and Faber pg. 324)

#54 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:03 AM

A prayer of St. Silouan the Athonite:

O holy Virgin Mary, tell us, thy children, of thy love on earth for thy Son and God. Tell us how thy spirit rejoiced in God thy Savior, Tell us of how thou didst look upon His fair countenance, and reflect that this was He Whom all the heavenly hosts wait upon in awe and love.
Tell us what thy soul felt when thou didst bear the wondrous Babe in thine arms. Tell us of how thou didst rear Him, how, sick at heart, thou and Joseph sought Him three long days in Jerusalem.
Tell us of thine agony when the Lord was delivered up to be crucified, and lay dying on the Cross.
Tell us what joy was thine over the Resurrection.
Tell us how thy soul languished after the Lord’s Ascension.
We long to know of thy life on earth with the Lord but thou wast not minded to commit all these things to writing, and didst veil thy secret heart in silence.

From email

#55 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:49 AM

A Morning Prayer of St. Basil the Great to the Holy Trinity

Our spirit seeks You in the early dawn, O God, for Your commandments are a light.
Teach us, O Master, Your righteousness and make us worthy to follow Your commandments with all our strength, and to leave aside the desires of the snaring flesh.
Illumine the eyes of our souls, so that we may never sleep in sins unto death.
Take away from our hearts every darkness.
Grant to us the Sun of Righteousness and protect our life from any bad influence with the seal of Your most-Holy Spirit.
Direct our steps to the way of peace and grant to us that this present morning be peaceful so that we may send up the morning hymns to You the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, the only God, Who is more than without beginning and supersubstantial and the creator of all. Amen

#56 Peter Manolakos

Peter Manolakos

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:22 AM

Geia, I'm trying to study the Holy Week hymns and i cannot find the words, in greek, of "I Zoi En Tafo". I have the hymn, just not the words to it.

If anyone would be able to help me?

#57 Rdr Andreas

Rdr Andreas

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:13 PM

I have put together some sayings of the Fathers about repentance together with some psalms, canons and hymns. The following extract shows a few prayers of repentance which I find helpful and so have become favourites:

PENITENTIAL PRAYERS
by Saint Seraphim of Sarov
A prayer of repentance (‘of St Antioch’)

Trusting, O Lord, in the abyss of Thy loving-kindness, I offer to Thee this prayer from my foul mouth and my unclean lips. Remember me, for Thy holy Name wast invoked over me, and Thou hast redeemed me with the price of Thy blood; for Thou hast sealed me with the betrothal of Thy Holy Spirit, and Thou hast raised me from the depth of my transgressions, that I should not be seized by the enemy.

O Jesus Christ, defend me and be my strong helper in my struggle; for I am a slave of lust, and I am assailed thereby. But do Thou not, O Lord, leave me cast to the earth and condemned by my deeds. Free me, O Lord, from the evil slavery of the prince of this world, and make me Thine own in Thy commandments. Thy Person is the way of my life, O my Christ, and the light of mine eyes. O God, Master and Lord, give me not roving eyes; dispel from me evil lust. Defend me with Thy holy arm. Let not longings and lusts overwhelm me, and give me not up to a shameless soul.

May the light of Thy presence shine in me, O Lord, lest darkness overwhelm me, and I be snatched by them that walk in the night. Do not surrender to invisible beasts, O Lord, a soul which confesseth to Thee. Do not allow Thy servant, O Lord, to be wounded by strange dogs.

Grant me to be a vessel of Thy Spirit, and make me a house of Thy Christ, Holy Father. O Guide of the lost, guide me lest I stray to the left. I long to see Thy face, O Lord. O God, guide me by the light of Thy countenance.

Grant me, Thy servant, a fountain of tears, and give Thy creature the dew of Thy Holy Spirit, lest I wither like the fig tree which Thou didst curse; and let tears be my drink, and prayer my food.

Turn, O Lord, my weeping into joy, and receive me into Thine eternal tabernacles. Let Thy mercy overtake me, O Lord, and Thy bounty encompass me, and pardon all my sins; for Thou art the true God Who pardonest transgressions. And allow not, O Lord, the work of Thy hands to be put to shame on account of the multitudes of my transgressions; but call me, O Lord, through Thine only-begotten Son, our Saviour.

And raise me who lie prostrate like Levi the publican, and quicken me who am slain by my sins, like the son of the widow.

For Thou alone art the Resurrection of the dead, and to Thee is due all glory; for ever. Amen.

Prayer for moments of despondency and despair

Master and Lord of Heaven and of earth, and King of the ages! Deign to open unto me the door of repentance; for in anguish of heart I pray to Thee, our true God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Light of the world. Look upon me in Thy great loving-kindness, and accept my prayer. Incline Thine ear to my prayer and forgive me all the evil that I have done by the abuse of my free will. Behold, I seek rest, yet I do not find it; for I have not received forgiveness from my conscience. I thirst for peace, but there is no peace in me from the dark abyss of my transgressions. Hear, O Lord, a heart which crieth unto Thee. Regard not my evil deeds; but consider the agony of my soul and make haste to heal me who am badly wounded. By the grace of Thy love for men, give me time for repentance and deliver me from my shameful deeds. Reward me not according to Thy justice and requite me not according to my deeds, lest I finally perish.

Hear me, O Lord, in my despair. Behold, I am bereft of my will and of every thought of amendment. Therefore, I have recourse to Thy compassion. Have mercy on me, cast down and condemned on account of my sins. O Lord, rescue me who am enslaved and held by my evil deeds, as if I were shackled with chains. Thou alone knowest how to set prisoners free; and as Thou alone knowest secret things, Thou healest wounds which are known to none but seen by Thee.

Therefore, being tortured in every way by cruel pains, I cry only to Thee, the Physician of all who are afflicted, the Door of them that knock without, the Way of the lost, the Light of them in darkness, the Redeemer of those in bonds, Who ever restrainest Thy right hand and withholdest Thine anger prepared for sinners, but Who givest time for repentance through Thy great love for men.

O Thou Who art quick to show mercy and slow to punish! – shine upon me, who have fallen badly, the light of Thy countenance, O Lord. And in Thy loving-kindness, stretch out Thy hand to me and raise me from the depth of my transgressions.

For Thou alone art our God, Who dost not rejoice at the destruction of sinners, and Who dost not turn Thy face away from them that cry unto Thee with tears.
Hear, O Lord, the voice of Thy servant who crieth unto Thee; and manifest Thy light to me who am deprived of light. And give me Thy grace, for I have no hope whatever, that I may always trust in Thy help and power. Turn my weeping into joy, rend my rags, and gird me with Thy gladness.

And grant that I may rest from my dark deeds, and enjoy the morning calm with Thy chosen, O Lord, whence all pain, sorrow and sighing have fled away. And may the door of Thy Kingdom be opened unto me, that I may enter with them that rejoice in the light of Thy countenance, O Lord, and that even I may receive eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen.

FURTHER PENITENTIAL PRAYERS
From the Great Book of Needs

O Lord God of righteousness, my strength and my help, my refuge in evil days; Thou Who savest in times of sorrows: do Thou save me, for the waters have come in to my soul; I have sunk into a muddy abyss, and there is no standing before the face of the violent enemy. For my soul is pursued, my life is trampled down to the ground, and all night long the toll-keepers assail me. Be well pleased, O Lord, to deliver me from the hands of transgressors and them that do wrong, that I sin not against Thee. For the terrors of death have fallen upon me, and darkness covereth me. How long shall I cry unto Thee, O Lord, and Thou hearest not? Wounded, I call out unto Thee, and Thou dost not save. Look down from Heaven, O Lord, and consider from Thy holy house, where is Thy glory; for Thou hast shewn mercy to us according unto Thy mercies. O Lord, do Thou judge them that assail me: be not as a man that sleepeth, nor as a man not able to save. For Thou art a merciful God Who lovest mankind, and unto Thee do we send up glory: to the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

#58 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:22 PM

Geia, I'm trying to study the Holy Week hymns and i cannot find the words, in greek, of "I Zoi En Tafo". I have the hymn, just not the words to it.

If anyone would be able to help me?

Hello Peter, and welcome to the forum.

Here it is:

Η ζωή εν τάφω, κατετέθης Χριστέ, καί Αγγέλων στρατιαί εξεπλήττοντο, συγκατάβασιν δοξάζουσαι τήν σήν.

#59 Mary Ann H.

Mary Ann H.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:14 PM

I think Peter is looking for the entire text of the lamentations that are sung on the evening of Good Friday in anticipation of Great and Holy Saturday. He can find it and just about any other liturgical text in Father Leo Schefe's collection of Greek liturgical texts. Here is the exact address to get Holy Saturday including Good Friday vespers (you need to scroll down about an inch to find the first stasis of the Lamentions):
http://www.analogion.net/glt/texts/Tri/t)7.uni.htm
I love this service - we sing all the verses of the three stasis alternating between men and women.
Mary Ann

[FONT="][/FONT]

#60 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:32 PM

Attributed to Sts. Boris and Gleb, martyred sons of St. Vladimir, Prince
of Kiev, 1015:

"O Lord Jesus Christ, who in this form didst come down to us on earth,
and who of thine own free will didst deign to be nailed upon the cross
and endure suffering for our sins: vouchsafe me also to endure suffering.

I am being slain, and I do not know the reason...but this I know: O
Lord, my Lord, thou knowest."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users