#21 Robert Hegwood

Robert Hegwood

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:54 AM

Fr. Bless.

Good points, I had not actually thought of it that way.

#22 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:24 AM

This is a must-read book.

#23 Nicolaj

Nicolaj

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:17 PM

Well I do go to Holy Communion as often as I can, and started in the weeks I go or plans to go to fast as usual on Wednesday and keep it up till sunday, that is not that bad.

And I do have two jobs and study in the evening and Saturday to make my degree, I do have a family and do fast!
I can buy me a meal everywhere and when I look a bit more around some vegetables, mixed salad are everywhere for sale or an apple or banana.
And I am a convert myself and as already said I do go to have Holy Communion as often as I can go. Which is some difficult with two jobs.

And you are right that fast food is cheaper, so I have this on non fasting days just because of the costs!

The pace and structure of Orthodox daily liturgical life is a better fit with a village or old style urban center.

Well you know this isn't true. I am the living proof for it, and also all those who died for the orthodox faith and lived in such small cities as Rome, Alexandria, Constantinople etc. The pace of orthodoxy is to let you have an oasis of peace in your heart where you can sit and gain strength while praying and thanking the lord for all the crosses in your life.

Christos voskrese! Nicolaj

#24 Christopher Sajdak

Christopher Sajdak

Junior Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

What is this world coming to!! So weak and fearing to eat less for some days....

You are not forced to do so, but everyone is invited to try and tempt the demons inside.

And if you really get trembled and weak then stop.

No need to get upset, just try and wonder when you survive without all the stuff you eat all the other days of the year!

But I must say myself 40 days on just water I didn't try myself so far. But Nativity Fast is not that far away, perhaps.....

Christos voskrese! Nicolaj

That's the spirit, S Bohom!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users