Beta testing new forum styling

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Michael Stickles

Michael Stickles

• Moderators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

There is one image - a delightful close-up of a jar of Vegemite - that is truly enormous. When you load this page, the whole thing side-scrolls while the graphic is loading, since it is far too wide for any browser window. However, if you just wait a moment for the graphic to load, the system shrinks it down to an appropriate width and all looks normal again.

Just to clarify that the image won't shrink down if you have "Keep original size" selected for your image resize mode in your control panel. I'd forgotten I'd set that, and was trying to figure out why that pic wasn't shrinking for me.

#22 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:36 PM

FWIW

Just a note to mention that in my last post and once before recently when I have attempted to use a comma (,) the system has changed it to a semicolon ; . Even when I use the edit feature and attempt to change it back to a comma . . . it will end up a semicolon.

#23 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:08 PM

MORE FWIW

The new system seems to be getting increasingly buggy for me in terms of punctuation. Possibly some have noticed commas where periods should be in a few of my posts. I try to edit these but the system keeps changing it back to the incorrect punctuation mark.

Just now in the yoga/chakra thread I was attempting to add a line to my last post. I keyed it up and hit the "save" button but it wouldn't go through. Each time I tried to do this I got a message:

Java Script Error

Description: "Null" is null or not an object" Error 12

I guess if nobody else is having a problem then the problem is on my end. But, in case this feedback is a help in some way here it is.

I use AOL and Internet Explorer if that is helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users