#1 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:54 AM

Paul Cowan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I was viewing another members profile, well attempting to from the Contacts; Who's on line area and this came up. I was not trying to "do" anything to the other profile other than view it. Any thoughts? This is the second time in as many days.

Paul

#2 Michael Stickles

Michael Stickles

• Moderators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:35 PM

Paul,

Never ran into that myself. I'm curious. When you get that error, is the URL of the page in the form:

http : //www.monachos.net/forum/member.php?u=9023

(spaces added to keep it from turning into a hyperlink)

I'm wondering if maybe the profile page you're trying to visit might not be set up, and so it's trying to go to an edit mode or something that might be indicated by the URL.

Michael

#3 Anthony

Anthony

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:43 PM

I have occasionally encountered this and also a refusal to let me see albums. I had thought that is was perhaps because I was not logged in, but these don't seem to be general prohibitions on non-members.

#4 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:54 PM

This appears to be a technical problem / bug, which at present I am at a loss to explain (it's not a permissions or account limitations problem - it appears to be an utterly unexaplained bug).

Further assistance best provided via Private Messaging, so as not to take up space in the forum -- but for any others who may suffer such an issue, please could you ensure that you take down full details to report via PM: e.g. the precise profile you're trying to view / its URL / etc.

Many thanks,
Deacon Matthew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users