• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alexius888

Alexius888

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:28 AM

I'm researching a book on an extremely Vagante body that claims to be Orthodox. They were originally "Old Catholic" in the 1970s, but then newspapers reported that they had become "Orthodox" by joining the "ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW MEXICO" in 1981.

The only place that I have found these words used is on the website of notorious sex offender Alan Stanford (aka Archbishop Thaddeus) of one of the groups calling itself the "American Orthodox Church". 

The Orthodox Archdiocese of New Mexico was or is clearly a vagante group, but I am trying to determine which specific group (or vagantes) were involved.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

#2 Kosta

Kosta

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

Never heard of them. They are a vagante graceless sect. Its common in the psyche of such groups to remain on the fringes while retaining names and practises of mainstream groups to avoids the label of cult.

Its also common for those who have that fringe mentality to intentionally join a canonical church always having the intension to leave. This gives them a sense of credibility down the road when they server, this is effective in that most western sects have a warped view of what apostolic succession entails.

Edited by Kosta, 22 January 2014 - 12:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users