• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 James Paul Shipgood

James Paul Shipgood

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Hi, (sorry if this is not the most appropriate forum). I currently edit our church website and provide daily readings but, as we use the readings according to the Antiochian tradition (Orthodox Fellowship of St John the Baptist - OFSJB) and these are not readily available either online or as a downloadable resource I have to make use of the readings from the Menologian instead and these, generally, clash with the readings we use in church. Does anyone know of a resource I could make use of so that the readings on our website match those set for the day according to our tradition?

#2 Phoebe K.

Phoebe K.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

hi,

The Orthodox Felowship of St John the Baptist publishes an calender each year with the saints and the readings, this is distributed by post (if you PM me I can give you the contact detales). It is based on the new calender, the notable difference to most you will find online is the inclusion of the British saints.  This is the one we use in our parish in services, as we have very strong links with the fellowship.

the Orthodox fellowship of St John the Baptist is pan-orthodox rather than belonging to one duristriction.  

On a practical note the website of the parish I belong to uses the Greek orthodox Archdioceses of America's calender (this is new calender), which is is very useful as it also dose the fasting calender besides the principle saints and the readings, and online.

Phoebe

#3 James Paul Shipgood

James Paul Shipgood

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

Thanks Phoebe. I already use the Calendar and Lectionary issued by the OFSJB; it was either an online or downloadable resource that I really needed. I've had a look at the one published online by the Greek Orthodox Diocese of America. I'll review it over the next week or so, though it seems rather cumbersome for what I'm wanting; but thanks for letting me know about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users