• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wainscottbl

wainscottbl

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

So I have been over at OrthodoxChristianity.net for a while but I was googling about the burning of witches in the Byzantine Empire because I was trying to find some fair takes on Orthodox witch burning and heresy burning at the stake to see if they happened on the same level as in the West. I wanted to avoid becoming too anti-Western since i think that makes one prejudiced and blind to facts. If Orthodoxy is right we can't just be blind to the same problems that happened, more or less, in the East as they did in the West. 

Anyway found the forum and glad. Basically converted to Roman Catholicism in 2005 from Mormonism. Attended the Latin Mass mostly, first the "approved" Latin Mass and then the SSPX after a few years and then started going back to the Novus Ordo because I got tired of the politics in the SSPX. Since I could not get to an "approved" Latin Mass I have just been going to the Novus Ordo. Frustrating, but because I have my doubts on the papacy and all the Catholic things looking east, though against Protestantism, I am considering the Orthodox Christian faith. 

Doing a liberal arts college tract through the Angelicum Academy, where Orthodox educator Dr. James Taylor teaches--Angelicum is Roman Catholic liberal arts education for home schoolers and continued education or whatever. They have a college track, too. Dr. Taylor seems to have started a similar programme for Orthodox Christians. I'm a big fan of a liberal arts education, a classical education that looks to goodness, truth and beauty rather than useless facts and numbers. My hope is to either teach or practice law for the good of my fellow man, as self-righteous as that may sound. Noting more important than teachers though, and every man deserves a defense, no matter how grave his crime. And especially since the law states he is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Besides most cases plea out since most people, or many at least, are guilty. But that's  a whole other issue! 

#2 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:23 AM

Please correct your username to show your real name.  This is a requirement for participating in this forum

Fr David Moser

#3 Antonios

Antonios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:28 AM

Welcome to monachos!  It is good to have you here.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users