Georgije Z.

Junior Poster

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

Dear all,

I would need help for choosing text that I will write music to it.

The text should be about crucifixion and resurrection.

In is not important that the theme is just about Christ, but it can be also any text that is similar to, like suffering and death of a saint or similar. It can be also about Christ, but preferably not taken directly from the Bible, eventually written by a saint of later century.

The text should be very inspiring and beautiful by itself, prose or poesy doesn't matter.

I also prefer a text from the Byzantine period/area.

Of course, that text is not necessary to be long, not to short. It is also possible to have dialogues or to be written in one person as well.

Finally I would prefer that the theme is Easter but possible to enlighten one extra positive thing about it, like love or similar.

The music will not be written for the church service. It will be also turned to any person, and therefore it is important that a message of the Orthodoxy is easy to access.

Post whatever you think, drop a link or name of books or authors.

Thank you.

#2 Carolyn C.

Carolyn C.

Junior Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:44 AM

I was given the Eikona CD "Come Receive the Light" by a friend for Pascha and I love to listen to it.  I have a question that I hope someone will be able to answer.  "Christ is Risen from the Dead..." is sung in English, Arabic, Greek, Spanish, Slavonic, and some other language.  Has anyone listened to this CD and know what the other language is?  I realize it's a trivial question, but every time I listen to this CD I wonder about that.  Thank you.

Edited by Carolyn C., 23 June 2015 - 06:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users