#1 Sbdn. Peter Simko

Sbdn. Peter Simko

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

If the Typica is tied into the Divine Liturgy on a weekday, are the daily "psalmic antiphons" (91,92, and 94) ever able to be used instead of Psalms 102 and 145 with the Beatitudes?

I am specifically looking at this upcoming Saturday, N.S.  The Founding of the Basilica of the Resurrection is a third class feast.  I have the intercalatory troparia specified for the Beatitudes, but I am wondering if these could hypothetically be used with Psalm 94, in place of the last 8 refrains.

On another forum, someone mentioned the following:

The early 16th century Sluzhebnyk printed in Venice actually gives instructions to use Psalms 91, and 92 for the First and Second Antiphon and the Beatitudes for the Third Antiphon.

This makes it seem like, at least in this case, the third "antiphon" can remain as the Beatitudes, even when the first two become the daily "psalmic antiphons."  This is very interesting, and I know it also might have to do with the remnants of the cathedral versus monastic rites, but I am interested in your thoughts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: antiphons, beatitudes, psalmic antiphons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users