#1 A. Wright

A. Wright

Regular Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

I ask that you pray for me as I begin catechesis, after a long discussion with my local parish priest at the yearly festival, who remembered me from my previous visits! Father and I have a meeting for after liturgy on the 26th, and we've talked tentatively about baptism before Pascha next year. I am mostly excited, although a little nervous, to finally be here after over 4 years.

In Christ,

A. 

#2 Phoebe K.

Phoebe K.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:04 PM

Being a catechumin is a wonderful and challenging experence, and being baptized just before Pascha is incredibly powerful as it fits into the build up to the celebration of the resurrection.

A peace of advise form one who was one not that long ago, is take the opportunity to really pay attention to the services and begin to learn them as you have a brilliant opportunity to do so during this time of learning the faith.  

You are in my prayers.

Phoebe

#3 Loucas

Loucas

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:36 PM

My prayers today will very much include you A Wright. Listen with great attention as your Father explains the faith and edifies your heart. It is said that the Angels in Heaven rejoice when one soul comes into the Church. You are on the less traveled path, to truth, light and salvation. Make it for life and always grow in your faith, always yern to address your Spiritual life.Remeber I can not help you with the plinter in your eye, how can I even see it with this plank in my eye? And after you are baptised make every effort to learn all you can about your patron saint and do all you can to follow that saint's examples. May the interrcesions of the Holy Apostle Luke( Loucas) and the prayers of the Holy and Blessed Theotokos guide you now and always.

#4 Ben Johnson

Ben Johnson

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

Through the intercessions of the Theotokos and St. Michael, LORD have mercy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users