#1 Effie Ganatsios

Effie Ganatsios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:12 AM

I need your prayers please for my younger sister, Mary. She is having tests done and I know how worried she is.

I also need your prayers for my mother who is 87 1/2 years old, and who seems to have lost all the courage she always had and that we were so proud of. She is afraid. I have asked her so many times to come to Greece so that I can take care of her but she doesn't want to, which I can understand.

Thank you.

effie

#2 Kosta

Kosta

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:36 AM

Lord have mercy! 

Where does your mother live?

#3 Effie Ganatsios

Effie Ganatsios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:48 AM

Lord have mercy! 

Where does your mother live?

Hello, Kosta. Thank you for your prayers. She lives in Australia. She is very independent and lives alone but I believe it might be time for her to think about living with one of my sisters or perhaps my brother.

Thank you again.

Effie

#4 Kosta

Kosta

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:54 AM

Well God Bless her. If she is still independant at that age thats good.  Just out of curiousity how did you end up back in Greece? Well I assume you moved from australia back to Greece

#5 Kyrill Bolton

Kyrill Bolton

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:48 PM

My prayers. I have a mother-in-law of the same age and stubbornness.  Her solution was to require her 54 year old son to abandon his house and life and move in so she could maintain her "freedom."

May God have mercy (and strengthen the caregivers. )

#6 Effie Ganatsios

Effie Ganatsios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:19 AM

Well God Bless her. If she is still independant at that age thats good.  Just out of curiousity how did you end up back in Greece? Well I assume you moved from australia back to Greece

I married my husband who, after some years, became sick with bronchial asthma. He was going from bad to worse, and the doctors told us to move to Queensland. As this state was a week's journey distance by car from my family, we decided to move to Greece. I thought, from my mother's description, that it would be something like the towns of Spain that we saw in films. It wasn't, but I found wonderful people here.

I believe that God took care of me = had me under His wing = because my life, though sometimes difficult, has been full of happiness.

Enough about me. Thank you for your concern for my mother.

Regards.
Effie

#7 Effie Ganatsios

Effie Ganatsios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:20 AM

My prayers. I have a mother-in-law of the same age and stubbornness.  Her solution was to require her 54 year old son to abandon his house and life and move in so she could maintain her "freedom."
May God have mercy (and strengthen the caregivers. )

I can understand this perfectly.

Thank you, Kyrill, for your prayers. Prayer is such a powerful "tool". It can do wonders.

Effie

#8 Alice

Alice

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

My dear sister in Christ, Effie,

My humble prayer to St. Nektarios the Wonder Worker, for his powerful intercessions on behalf of your sister, Mary. I pray that the Lord will hear our prayers for her, and that nothing serious will be found.  Kyrie Eleison!

I also pray for your mother and for all to work out for her benefit, according to the Lord's will--and that He will enlighten her to do what she should do and to take heart and have courage, day by day, trusting in His goodness and care.

With love and prayers for you and your family in these days before our Lord's Nativity,

Alice 

#9 Effie Ganatsios

Effie Ganatsios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:14 AM

My dear sister in Christ, Effie,

My humble prayer to St. Nektarios the Wonder Worker, for his powerful intercessions on behalf of your sister, Mary. I pray that the Lord will hear our prayers for her, and that nothing serious will be found.  Kyrie Eleison!

I also pray for your mother and for all to work out for her benefit, according to the Lord's will--and that He will enlighten her to do what she should do and to take heart and have courage, day by day, trusting in His goodness and care.

With love and prayers for you and your family in these days before our Lord's Nativity,
Alice

Thank you, Alice. Need I say that I am always uplifted reading your words. thank you so much.

Filakia, Euterpe

#10 Dora T

Dora T

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:20 AM

I pray that your sister is well and that your mother has the courage to at least visit you in Greece this year.

In Christ

#11 Adrian Cuthbert

Adrian Cuthbert

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:32 PM

Praying for your Mum and sister. May she find peace and strength at this time in her journey. Lord Have Mercy. Amen.

#12 Effie Ganatsios

Effie Ganatsios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:38 AM

Praying for your Mum and sister. May she find peace and strength at this time in her journey. Lord Have Mercy. Amen.

thank you Adrian.

#13 Loucas

Loucas

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:19 PM

I pray to my patron Saint Luke the Evangelist and Physician to intercede on the behalf of your mother and sister. I have a dear friend here who's mother came to visit for some time then went home to Greece, Athens, and she has tried to get her to come back but...no luck. I am sure it is hard..on both. Let's put our hope in God.

#14 Ben Johnson

Ben Johnson

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:19 PM

LORD have mercy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users