• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,823 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:48 AM

Several major bushfires have broken out in several places around the state of South Australia, the most serious one in the Adelaide Hills. Extreme heat and high winds blowing from all directions make this fire potentially the most dangerous since the inferno of Ash Wednesday, 1983.

About twenty townships are being evacuated as I write, and a state of emergency has been declared, one consequence being that people wishing to enter affected areas are being prevented by police from doing so. Reports confirm several houses have already been lost, and several firefighters have sustained injuries, but no lives have been lost at this stage.

Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

http://www.abc.net.a...dnesday/5998294

http://www.cfs.sa.go...information.jsp

#2 Rdr Andreas

Rdr Andreas

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:59 AM

O Master, Lord our God, Who didst hear Elijah the Tishbite because of his zeal for Thee, and for a time didst command that rain be held back from being sent unto the earth, and again at his prayer didst grant fruit-bearing rain: Do Thou Thyself, O Master of all, Who art being entreated, out of Thy deep compassion, grant abundant rain unto Thine inheritance; and, overlooking our sins, do Thou send down Thy rains upon every place entreating and praying for it. Make glad the face of the earth, for the sake of Thy poor people and infants, and animals and all others, for they trust in Thee, that Thou wilt give drink unto them in due season. For Thou art our God, a God Who showeth mercy and saveth, and unto Thee do we send up glory: to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages, Amen.

Prayer of Kallistos, Patriarch of Constantinople

#3 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

Thank you, Andreas.

A couple my husband and I are very close to (he was best man at our wedding, his wife's parents were my husband's Godparents) live on a 27 acre property in the thick of the fire zone. We've just received word from them that they are safe and well (if very tired from spending all of last night holding the fire at bay, and that their property has suffered only peripheral damage, while all around them went up.

Thank God.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users