2 replies to this topic

#1 NickF

NickF

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

Hello,

I have been suffering romantic loneliness for the past few years which has contributed to a 12+ year long bout with depression. My stepmother, out of kind intentions, recommended a contemporary Christian song to me and after I looked it up, I told her that I felt it was inappropriate and borderline blasphemous as to me the song under any other context would come across as a romantic love song. From there the discussion degraded into harsh words about our religious differences before we reconciled and I let her know that this is why I do not discuss my faith in her and my father's household, but keep it private from them. Please pray for healing of any damage done by this argument as well as guidance on how to proceed in the future.

Peace be with you,
Nicholas

#2 Kosta

Kosta

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:13 AM

Lord have mercy.

Nicholas, Apologize to her, she didnt do anything with bad intensions. It sounds you may have been the instigator, dont lash out if she is trying to be helpful. The depression thing is the major concern. 12 years is a looong time to be trapped. I'll let others with better knowledge of this answer, but you have to get out of this rut. Maybe theres an activity you enjoy to get your mind off the stress. The start of Lent can be a new beginning for you. Think about a new drastic shake up in the ensuing weeks. My prayers for you

#3 NickF

NickF

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

Thank you.

Yes, definitely was my fault. I apologized and there seems to be no bad blood. Thank you for your prayers for my struggles.

Peace be with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users