#1 Warren Bensinger

Warren Bensinger

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:29 PM

Could anyone tell me where I can get a book or PDF of the Sessional Hymns?

#2 Phoebe K.

Phoebe K.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

There are many seasonal hymns, for this season of Lent mos are found in the Trigion, the great feasts are found in the festal Menon, the Sunday ones are found in the books of the tones.  All the books containing the seasonal hymns make up a library of books, many of which are not easily find-able in English.

The texts for the Sundays and feasts which includes all the hymns for all for those days, can be found on the Antiochan archdiocese of America website, it is possible to find books for seasons or the great feasts, but there is not as of yet a complete translation of all texts in English which is coherent rather multable translations of parts which overlap and do not full agree in places.

The Sunday and festal Apoytkia or Toporia can be found in the translation of the divine liturgy used in the Greek Orhtodox Archdioces of Thyateira and Great Britain, and can also be found in many other books for lay use in following the liturgy and praying at home.  If you want minor feasts or saints you have to search online and you will find one but some translations are better than others.

#3 Warren Bensinger

Warren Bensinger

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

Thanks Phoebe.

I have a great one that has the two for Matins and one for Vespers and the Apoytkia according to the 8 tones that I downloaded 6 or 7 years ago but I can't find it anymore.  I think it was from a Russian web site but it was in English.  I wanted to print it out again but couldn't find it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users