Victor V.

Junior Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

Hello

I have a condition/affection called Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism - Kallmann syndrome.

https://en.wikipedia...llmann_syndrome
That means that I have a micro (undeveloped) penis, like the one from pre-puberty, and undeveloped 1 testes and quite undeveloped the other one.

In this conditions I can't have a proper family life, including sexual relations, or kids (without a special treatment, being infertile).

I'm doing a treatment with testosterone which is causing me the same effects as in post-pubertal, as sexual drive-sexual desire, urge.

I want to ask if it is a sin to masturbate, to relieve the "tension" from my body, caused by the testosterone treatment and lack of the normal solutions, like a marriage, a thing that, most probably, I will never have.

And if it is, what can/should I do to resolve this? This situation is making me sad.

Thank you

#2 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:48 PM

Yes, self abuse is a sin.  That being said your question is not a theological question, but a pastoral question.  This group is not really the venue for pastoral questions - that is something that you need to take up with your confessor/spiritual father in person.

Fr David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users