Photo
- - - - -

Hopefully someone can point me how to obtain books in India?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rahul-IN

Rahul-IN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:12 PM

Hello. I reside in Kolkata, India and I'm a keen reader of books and wish to obtain some Orthodox spiritual texts. I usually use Amazon to purchase e-books for the Kindle ereader and have gotten and started reading books like the Philokalia, Everyday Saints, Precious Vessels of the Holy Spirit etc. but not all books seem to be available on Kindle. I also use the localized Indian Amazon subsite to get paperbacks but did not find many of the books I was looking for or they were priced multiple times over their actual price. I want to read such books like the ones on Elder Paisios, the book My Elder Joseph the Hesychast, the Evergetinos, books by Elder Ephraim, A Night in the Desert of the Mountain, and meaty books on topics like Hesychasm, etc. I thought about having it shipped internationally but have no idea about customs and seems shipping costs would be too high. When I was a Catholic inquirer I had no problem purchasing spiritual books as they were readily available and they even have a big bookstore here in Kolkata. But I'm not sure where to find an Orthodox store, either a brick-mortar store or online shop here in India. I would even go to a library but didn't come across any when searching.

Can anyone who knows about the situation in India advise me if it's possible to obtain books like these where I live?

#2 Dusja

Dusja

Junior Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:29 PM

Christ is Risen!

What about trying this website:

http://www.flipkart....b8u,ei7,fgb,7nl

#3 Loucas

Loucas

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

Truly he has Risen

here is a webisite for Orthodox Books

http://www.greekorth...0000000.en.aspx

by the way Rahul, there are many web-sites to Monestaries in Greece, Russian, USA around the world. Most have an on line link to thier book store for books, Icons, Konvoskini, ect. and the money helps that monestary make ends meet. Just another thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users