Alice

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:27 AM

Dear Forum brothers and sisters in Christ,

Our dear Effie, who has been a long time member here, and one who many of us have come to love for her calm disposition, respectful and loving discourse, and peaceful posts about living in Greece, has recently suffered a great loss. Her beloved husband Demetrius passed away in February. 

Please keep Effie in your prayers, and ask that the Lord grant her the courage and strength to bear this loss. Please pray for her as she has prayed for so many here. The love of other's prayers helps us get through difficult times in a way that nothing else can, because the solace comes from above. 

May Demetrius's memory be eternal. Aionia tou i mnimi. 

May our Panagia's prayers and the love of Christ grant consolation to Effie at this difficult time in her life. Amen.

Thank you,

Alice

#2 Kyrill Bolton

Kyrill Bolton

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:57 AM

May his memory be eternal.

Holy Spirit and Comforter may your love and comfort pervade Effie and her family.

#3 Rdr Andreas

Rdr Andreas

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

Eternal Memory Demetrius! And may Effie be granted the grace to bear her loss.

#4 Effie Ganatsios

Effie Ganatsios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:20 AM

May his memory be eternal.
Holy Spirit and Comforter may your love and comfort pervade Effie and her family.

Thank you Kyrill. I have been helped by our Lord reminding me how blessed I was for the last 46 years to have such a companion in my life. And I am comforted by the thought that his spirit is still with my son and myself and, just as he was an example to us in life, he is continuing to be one now. When I read these words in my Orthodox Hymn book it was as if I had known them all the time.

Another blessing has been the love and support provided by his wonderful family, my family and our beloved friends. Can there be a positive side when you lose someone? I feel that it is the love that has surrounded us during this difficult time.

#5 Effie Ganatsios

Effie Ganatsios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:23 AM

Eternal Memory Demetrius! And may Effie be granted the grace to bear her loss.

Thank you Andreas. Every night I read the memorial service in my Liturgy book and it helps me so much.

Effie

#6 Rdr Andreas

Rdr Andreas

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

I know what such a loss is like but it is not all loss: you have a friend in heaven.

#7 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

Such sad and shocking news! Eternal be his memory, and may the Lord and His Mother give peace and comfort to Effie and her family.

#8 Effie Ganatsios

Effie Ganatsios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:07 AM

I do have one request. I would like to post a picture of Dimitri as he was when I first met him and another recent one. I haven't been able to because I can't find the right button. I click on
"Album", but nothing happens. A lot of strange things have been happening to me since Dimitri's death so perhaps it's just me.

#9 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:19 AM

Effie, the Albums section in people's profiles no longer exist in this new version of Monachos. Some other features were also lost and haven't been reinstated yet. :(

What you could do is upload your photos to a photo sharing site like Flickr or Photobucket (they're free), and then post the links here.

#10 Loucas

Loucas

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

The patron Saint of my Church is Demetrios, May he intercede on your behalf and may our Lord grant you peace and strength to move forward in faith. May your husband's memory be eternal

May your memory be eternal, dear brother, for you are worthy of blessedness and everlasting memory..amen

#11 Kosta

Kosta

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:37 AM

Demetrius memory be eternal! Christ is Risen trampling upon death.

#12 Antonios

Antonios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:27 AM

May our Lord and Savior comfort you my old friend, and grace you with the hope and assurance of the great reunion in the Kingdom of Heaven.

#13 A. Wright

A. Wright

Regular Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:39 AM

Memory Eternal! May God grant you peace and comfort in your time of sorrow. If you wish, when I next go to Liturgy, I can add your Dimitri to our commemorations for the departed. My thoughts and prayers are with you, dear Effie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users