#1 Owen Jones

Owen Jones

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:20 AM

I thought I would shamelessly promote my book available on Kindle for $2.99:  An Introduction to Theological Reason for the Discriminating Student

If anyone bothers to read it, I would certainly appreciate a review.  Especially critical reviews.  And if anyone cares to critique here in the forum, or in personal email, I would be most appreciative for anything that corrects errors or leads to improvements.

Thanks.

Owen Jones

Edited by Owen Jones, 25 April 2015 - 03:20 AM.

#2 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:10 PM

Okay, well I was totally hooked by the free sample and just ordered one.   

I have to see where this goes from here, from laying the foundation which includes a clear understanding of such things as: 'Birds of a Feather' thinking and doing / the New Tribalism, and that which includes the use of sometimes less subtle  methods of influence and control to gain agreement;  as well as the writing on and understanding of the individualist who proselytizes with a passionate intensity and likely a cultish aspect to it.  Very familiar.

I agree with everything in the free sample part of the book on Amazon, it all lines up with my 'personal opinion' so I am attracted to it. :)  lol

And, now I have to see where this goes and how wide an application may be made with these and other understandings fixed in place.

Edited by Rick H., 25 April 2015 - 04:25 PM.

#3 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

Very much taken with this book so far!   I'm a very harsh critic of such works, but so far only praise and high interest.  Excellent, love the writing style, thanks!

I see clearly what "The heart of the matter" is as you have written of your purpose for writing and what theology meant and was early on (very interested in both the resistence and revelation aspects of this), now I'm anxious to keep reading and see how the author's purpose in writing may be accomplished.  I can only hope, it would be nice to not constantly eat bitter beans in the cold, or maybe there is a paradox there in praise of folly and in the good life.  Okay, I'll keep reading. 

Edited by Rick H., 25 April 2015 - 05:19 PM.

#4 Owen Jones

Owen Jones

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

Thanks for your comments, Rick.  Please, please add a review on Kindle/Amazon when you are finished.  If you don't throw it into the virtual trash bin before that!

#5 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

I am getting ready to read the book through a second time.  I did want to ask about the divisions of the book.  In my Kindle copy there is no table of contents.  Also the chapter divisions are not  numbered.  Chapter 4 is clearly marked, but nothing else. I'm using the Kindle Cloud Reader.

#6 Owen Jones

Owen Jones

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:47 AM

Oops!  Blame the editor!  (which is myself).  If you find any other such erros let me know, please.  I didn't want to offer a table of contents because I intentionally wrote it as a kind of conversation and also I didn't want the later, more Christian chapters to turn people away from the outset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users