Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:40 AM
This conversation has gone way off topic.
This discussion is the Patriarchate of Antioch and the representative archdiocese thereof communing or being in communion with the
Now According to the document that was decided on by the Synod of the Patriarchate of Antioch quoted below.
[QUOTE] herefore, the Holy Synod of Antioch saw fit to translate the brotherly approachment relationship between the two Churches, the Antiochian Orthodox and the Syriac Orthodox for the edification of their faithful wherever they happen to be.
The Holy Synod of Antioch has decided the following matters:
1) The complete and mutual respect between the two Churches for their rituals, spirituality, heritage and holy fathers; and the full protection of both the Antiochian and Syriac liturgical practices.
2) The incorporation of the fathers of both Churches and their heritage in general in the Christian education curriculum and theological teaching; and the exchange of theological professors and students.
3) The refraining from accepting members of one Church in the membership of the other whatever the reasons might be.
4) Organizing meetings of both Synods whenever need and necessity may arise.
5) Leaving every Church as a reference for its members in all matters pertaining to marriage, divorce, adoption etc.
6) If two bishops of the two different Churches meet for a spiritual service the one with the majority of the people will generally preside. But if the service is for the sacrament of holy matrimony the bishop of the bridegroom will preside.
7) Whatever has been previously mentioned does not apply to the concelebration among the bishops in the Divine Liturgy.
8) Whatever has been said in number six applies to the clergy of both Churches.
9) If one priest of either Church happens to be in a certain area he will serve the Divine Mysteries for the members of both Churches including the Divine Liturgy and the sacrament of holy matrimony. The same priest will keep an independent record for both Churches and transmit the registration of the members of the sister Church to its spiritual authority.
10) If two priests of both Churches happen to be in a certain community they will take turns, and in case they concelebrate the one with the majority of the people will preside.
11) If a bishop from one Church and a priest from the sister Church happen to concelebrate, presiding naturally belongs to the bishop even though being in the community of the priest on the condition that there are people of both Churches.
12) Ordinations into the Holy Orders are performed by the spiritual authorities on candidates in every respective Church prefereably in the presence of the brothers from the other sister Church.
13) Godfathers, Godmothers and witnesses in the sacrament of holy matrimony are allowed to be chosen from the members of both Churches without any discrimination.
14) In all mutual celebrations the first clergyman in ordination will preside over the ceremony.
15) All organizations from both Churches will co-operate in all matters whether educational, cultural and social for the enrichment of the brotherly spirit.
We promise you on this occasion to continue strengthening our relationship with the sister Church and all other Churches for all to become one community under one Shepherd./QUOTE]
This is our Issue. If you read my last post I quoted some of the canons of the Holy Apostles stating that we are not to pray with Heretics or Schismatics.
[QUOTE]Canon XLV of the Holy Apostles
"Let any Bishop, or Presbyter, or deacon that merely joins in prayer with heretics be suspended, but if he had permitted them to perform any service as Clergymen, let him be deposed."
Canon LXV of the Holy Apostles:
"If any clergymen, or laymen, enter a synagogue of Jews, or of heretics, to pray, let him be both deposed and excommunicated."
CANON XLVI of the Holy Apostles:
"We order any Bishop, or Presbyter, that has accepted any heretics' Baptism, or sacrifice, to be deposed; for what consonancy hath Christ with Beliar? or what part hath the believer with an infidel?"/QUOTE]
This is a Issue that we should NOT respond with "well let the bishop handle it" This is a Serious Issue, this statement I quoted the decision of the Antioch Synod is saying to the WORLD that, You are a sister church?!
They are not a Sister Church! The Greek Orthodox Church is a Sister Church, the Romanian Church is our Sister Church! Monophysites are enemies of the True Church which is the HOLY EASTERN ORTHODOX CHURCH.
Did not the father's of the Fourth Ecumenical Councils delcare Anathema to the Monophysite Heretics? They are in Schism and in Heresy. This is the Issue we are trying to discuss.
Excuse me for me strong expression of my belief.