Photo
- - - - -

I hope good people can help me with a wish.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rahul-IN

Rahul-IN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:32 AM

I'm hoping someone here can help fulfill a wish I have by even giving me a hint on how to achieve it. I'm tired to write so I'm just copying a letter I sent to a Greek nun who resides in Greece but has lived for a long time in my city also. I'm awaiting her reply, but meanwhile I was hoping someone here can hint or help me also. I feel guilty because it seems like an awful thing to ask, but I have no where to turn to.

Respected Sr ------,
I've communicated with you once before on email and thought that you could help me with an urgent issue I have. I'm from ------, India and mentally ill and have psychotic issues. I was hoping that you could put me in touch with a Geronta from Mount Athos who has the time to communicate with me via email and speak kind words of advice to me and direct me in my life issues and I want to form a lasting relationship with him. Because of my mental issues, I cannot speak to anyone in real life and can only talk through email. I have a strong desire to communicate with a Geronta and would be crushed if I failed to find one. I insist on a Geronta and not any other clergy. I know this is tough as Gerontas usually don't communicate to anyone by email. But I'm hoping if you can even point me in any way which would help me find one, I would bless you a million times. I hope you can understand my wish. I'm very fluent in English but even if my Geronta speaks broken English and very little, his words will mean the whole universe to me. He will be the mouthpiece of hope for me, something I've never had in my life. I can't express my wish in words that would make anyone understand why I want this. I hope you from your kindness will at least try to help me.

Faithfully

#2 Kusanagi

Kusanagi

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:20 PM

I dont think you can find a Geronda with access to email, as the monks there live a simple life free from technology. I think you will need to find a spritual father to help you and to focus on one from Athos will not get you what you want as it seems like romanticism from reading books on saints and wishing you had such and such a Geronda. I think the priests from India can help since them being converts would have a good understanding of what you are going through.

#3 Rahul-IN

Rahul-IN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

I dont think you can find a Geronda with access to email, as the monks there live a simple life free from technology. I think you will need to find a spritual father to help you and to focus on one from Athos will not get you what you want as it seems like romanticism from reading books on saints and wishing you had such and such a Geronda. I think the priests from India can help since them being converts would have a good understanding of what you are going through.

I was afraid that that would be the case. Not really interested in talking to any Indian or anyone else. Thanks for the advice anyway.

#4 Rahul-IN

Rahul-IN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:58 AM

I found a thread on the board with people claiming they have emailed frequently with a Geronta from Athos? And that one can also write to monasteries in Athos?  

http://www.monachos....to-mount-athos/

Why if these men and women can, can't I? I want to speak with a Geronta too. And there is also the less great option of writing to a monastery on Athos! I can accept that too if the people there can occasionally send me the blessings and words of a holy elder too. So how do these people on that thread get in touch with a Geronta? And can someone point me where exactly on the Athosfriends.org website I can find the emails for the monasteries? I was not able to locate the page. Also, who picks up the emails? Is it guaranteed that I will get hooked up with a lowly monk and not get re-routed to the lowly cook's computer? I mean, I certainly wouldn't mind advice on vegetarian pasta with lemon-tahini sauce preparations but would not want to go away thinking of that as spiritual advice. So.

#5 Kusanagi

Kusanagi

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:35 PM

You should try contacting some of the members and the poster that mentioned Athosfriends.org mentions postal address not emails.

#6 Rahul-IN

Rahul-IN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:48 AM

Should I contact Marianthy? I'm afraid she might not be comfortable communicating with an unknown person who is also somewhat a newbie to the forum.. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users