#1 Reader Nektarios

Reader Nektarios

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:59 PM

I'm reading Genesis 20 right now, and noticed that the note for Genesis: 20:2, gives reference to a pagan god "dagon" and references another scripture "(3Kg 5:2)" and "(3kg 31:10") I did some reasearch and these should be labeled 1Kg 5:2, and 1Kg 31:10 respectively. 3 Kingdoms does not have chapters up to 31. I also found the correct reference in 1st Kingdoms. Is the Orthodox Study bible the combined Old and New Testaments have a lot of errors that you noticed or typo's like I found? 

In Christ

Nektarios

Edited by Nektarios, 29 June 2015 - 10:01 PM.

#2 Μιχάλης Βρ

Μιχάλης Βρ

Regular Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:49 PM

The footnotes of the OSB seem to even venture to the point of heresy, as can be seen below Leviticus 16:8, where the editors quote Theodoret of Cyrus, who authored the Three Chapters against St Cyril in defense of Nestorius and Theodore. While many Orthodox scholars argue that he wrote valuable commentaries upon scripture, this specific quote is truly reflective of his Nestorian stance on the Incarnation;

"I will however mention the sacrifice in which two goats were offered, the one being slain, and the other let go. In these two goats there is an anticipative image of the two natures of the Saviour; in the one let go, of the impassible Godhead, and in the one slain, of the passible manhood."

Here we see Theodoret's attempt to individualize Christ the Word and Jesus the man as unique persons, and further to insinuate that God did NOT die for mankind but merely shed his physical form of Jesus...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users