1 reply to this topic

#1 Steven Harold Orr

Steven Harold Orr

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

Greetings,

Long story short: As an Orthodox Christian of 6 years, I began communing with the Catholics a year ago and essentially thereby became Catholic. This was due to several reasons: mostly an inability to get to Orthodox services, my wanting to raise my now four-year-old autistic son up with some sense of the sacred, a generally non-supportive and non-religious wife, and other difficulties. Now I appreciate the Catholic Church very much, and adore my parish priest, but I long to return to the Orthodox Church! My situation has improved regarding this possibility as the nearest Orthodox parish (1.5 hours away) now has a residing priest, whom I spoke with this week. I plan to take my boy to the Divine Liturgy next weekend. My hope and prayer is that he will do well with the longer services, and that my wife will not oppose us leaving for so long every other Sunday or so to attend services.

I am requesting your prayers that God will pave the way for me to return to the Church and to bring my son in with me.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Ben Johnson

Ben Johnson

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:10 AM

LORD have mercy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users