#1 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:13 AM

Is anyone having problems with the feedback feature not coming up when pressed? I am able to have the report post box appear, but not the feedback box. I am using IE7 on Vista. I just noticed this today as it was fine yesterday.

Paul

#2 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:46 AM

Is anyone having problems with the feedback feature not coming up when pressed? I am able to have the report post box appear, but not the feedback box. I am using IE7 on Vista. I just noticed this today as it was fine yesterday.

Paul

I am having a different problem. This has happened to me twice ... before I have finished my draft ... I change my mind and cut and paste the information elsewhere to think about what I have written .. only to find that it has posted to the wall!!

So, then I am forced to edit ... that is pretty embaressing because we are human and we might not express ourselves in an elegant fashion, or we change our mind .. only to find everyone knows what we didnt want them to know.

Haha - its still annoying me though.

#3 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

For composing posts I think this works best when we do this online on the Forum itself. In my experience the Forum doesn't 'time out' and one can in fact leave one's post incomplete in the Reply pane and then come back to complete it as one is able.

Alternatively composing posts on a word document often leaves formatting tags during the copy and paste process that are then very difficult to read on the Forum.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#4 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:38 AM

My feedback problem seems to be fixed.

Now I have got another challenge that may or may not be a forum problem. I have a little dog who occassionaly while in my lap will jump onto my desk. He sat on my keyboard yesterday morning and now everything is tiny print and shifted to the left. I have dotted lines now around all post responses and some posts are off the page on the left side.

I have tried changing text size and my wife has tried all she knows to move things and resize the text. Some days I don't love that little dog as much as other days.

Paul

#5 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:41 AM

My feedback problem seems to be fixed.

Paul

It's broke again.

#6 Antonia Colias

Antonia Colias

Regular Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:57 AM

Maybe not the same problem as others are having. but here's mine. I tried earlier today to use the "feedback" feature and send a "thumbs up" to another poster. While still typing my message, the screen abruptly shifted to another screen. I have no idea whether any of my message was sent.

On the curiosity end, how does "feedback" differ from "private message"? Less space available per message?

Thanks !

Antonia

#7 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:27 AM

PMing is for lengthy talking between posters.
The feedback option is for short one-liners of appreciation that do not require a return comment from the receiver.

My feedback to you IF it worked could go like "Great question Antonia; keep them coming."
My PM to you would be more along the lines of a discussion we could have back and forth about your great question.
The thumbs up option is for even shorter feedback mostly for lazy people like me who don't want to type.

#8 Antonia Colias

Antonia Colias

Regular Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:37 AM

I bloopered a bit. I didn't mean that I meant to choose a "thumbs up" option -- didn't even know there is one ! :) Mostly, I figured that "feedback" was limited to a very few typing strokes. I'm well-used to PM, from other boards which I have frequented. On other boards, we correspondents generally gave up on PM because it was limited in space, and we would shift to private e-mail, which has no writing limits !

Thanks for info.

Still wondering, though, why my attempt to send "feedback" morphed over into another screen !

PMing is for lengthy talking between posters.
The feedback option is for short one-liners of appreciation that do not require a return comment from the receiver.

My feedback to you IF it worked could go like "Great question Antonia; keep them coming."
My PM to you would be more along the lines of a discussion we could have back and forth about your great question.
The thumbs up option is for even shorter feedback mostly for lazy people like me who don't want to type.

#9 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:12 AM

Still wondering, though, why my attempt to send "feedback" morphed over into another screen !

Did you hit the "enter" key? If so, the software will accept that as an indication that it is the end of message and will send the message to the recipient.

Feedback is a short message that is linked directly to the post about which you are commenting. PM's are more like email, except that they are entirely internal to the monachos system. I use them like email when talking with other forum members. They are for more general and for longer messages.

Fr David Moser

#10 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

I have had limitations on the number of feedbacks I can send in a day ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users