3 replies to this topic

#1 nikolaj

nikolaj

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:26 PM

Greetings everyone

I am new on the forum and I hope I will get to know a lot of you.

I live in London, I go to my local parish church, but I would like to go to St John the Baptist monastery in Essex as often as possible. So far, I have been there just once, but I am looking for some options how I can go there once every two weeks, once a month at least.

The problem is that local Essex buses don't run on Sundays??!! I wouldnt mind walking from there from a train station (it takes 2 hours). But the train services on Sundays start very late, so it would be impossible to get in time for the Liturgy. I wish I could stay there entire weekends and avoid all of this Sunday travel problems, but I work on Saturdays, plus they don't allow children over night.

I know that a lot of people from London go there, so I was wondering if anyone who has a car would like to team up, I would pay all the fuel expenses etc. I have a three year old daughter who would go with me sometimes too. So if you go there regularly please get in touch. If you have never been, may I just say you should, because it is great!!

#2 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:57 PM

Hello Nikolaj

Welcome to the forum!

This thread should help in answering your questions. :)

#3 nikolaj

nikolaj

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

Hello Nikolaj

Welcome to the forum!

This thread should help in answering your questions. :)

Thank you for replying Olga.

Unfortunately, I didn't find anything in the thread you have given me. 

I am simply looking for people from London who go there often who wouldn't mind taking me there too. If nobody on this forum replies, I guess I will have to find my own way one more time and I might meet somebody. 

#4 Kusanagi

Kusanagi

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:02 PM

Go to St Andrew's in Kentish town. Some people go to the monastery quite often by car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users