#1 Rdr Andreas

Rdr Andreas

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,032 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 31 December 2015 - 06:32 PM

Happy New Year to all - from Moscow! Just got back from the service at Zachatyevsky monastery.

#2 Alice

Alice

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:17 PM

Blessed new year to you also, Andreas, and to all the blessed forum friends I have met here through the years--

May the new year bring good health, peace, and stability to all!   :)

Alice

#3 Kosta

Kosta

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:56 AM

Cool Andrea, do you reside part of the year in Russia? Happy New Year.

#4 Rdr Andreas

Rdr Andreas

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:43 PM

'Cool' is very apt - it's about -20c here in Moscow! Kosta, my wife is a Muscovite (as is her mother) and we are here staying with her family for New Year and Christmas. Now that I am retired we can spend time here in Russia when we want. We spent the weekend with friends in Zvenigorod which is a pleasant town about an hour by train west of Moscow. On Sunday, we went for the Divine Liturgy to a small 14th century church just outside of town; the church has a few frescos by St Andrei Rublev. The rector, Archimandrite Ieronym, is an elderly and very loving priest who greeted us very warmly so we had a wonderful and grace-filled time. We returned to Moscow last night. This evening, my wife, her brother and I went for a walk in the centre: we took the metro to Pushkin Square and walked down Tverskaya Blvd, past the Bolshoi Theatre, and on to Red Square. The illuminations for Christmas are incredible, but I started to feel very cold and so we went into the GUM shopping mall to get warm. I don't know what Russians are made of: I felt freezing cold, started to feel weak and the breath from my nose was freezing on my face but the Russians were just going about as normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users