#1 Algernon

Algernon

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

Can someone please point me toward a resource that will help explain the Church's understanding of gender dysphoria?

Thanks,

A

#2 Rdr Daniel (R.)

Rdr Daniel (R.)

Very Frequent Poster

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:59 PM

I believe the Russians have a series of document's on various issues such as this I'll have to dig through my emails to see whether I can find it and let you know if I can.

My personal thoughts are as follows:

The are very rare cases of genuine physical medical conditions effecting a persons sex/gender. In many cases in the 20th century a decision was made at birth to 'correct' this in many cases with poor medical reasoning resulting in people of one sex growing up as being the other. In such cases this is not the fault of the people but of the doctors and there should not be a problem 'restoring' them to their correct sex.

There are also very rare cases wherein despite being clearly one sex there are issues due to hormone imbalances resulting in effeminatism ect... This should be treated as a medical condition with treatments developed and given to cure such conditions.

The remainder of cases are either psychological for which  people need physiological assistance or sociological where people have begun to question their 'gender' due to the demonic condition of the modern world. In no such cases should surgeons mutilate peoples bodies for 'gender re-allocation' .

The important thing from an Orthodox perspective is that there are two sexes, male and female, which together are able to reproduce and create new life. There are indeed physical conditions which may result in unclear sex at birth, this is a result of the fall, and in such cases people must be supported medically and spiritually, but this does not mean there are more than two sexes or that people can be transsexual based on there own physiological desires. 

In Christ.

Daniel

#3 Lakis Papas

Lakis Papas

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:28 PM

Church offers personalized help to those who ask for help. Church restores individuals to become God's children and inherit Father's wealth. Nobody is excluded, everybody is accepted as free.

We are all asked to be follow a path of three stages, first we must repent from our weaknesses.

Church has the capacity to renew each one of her members.

Each Church member becomes part of Christ's body. Then self-awareness is to understand that there is no man or woman, we are all become Christ's body.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users