#1 Sbdn. Peter Simko

Sbdn. Peter Simko

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:18 PM

-.-. .... .-. .. ... - / .. ... / .-. .. ... . -.

Does anyone know if it is typical practice to replace the Post-Communion Prayers after the Liturgy with the Paschal Hours?  I only just recently saw this rubric and am wondering how widespread the practice is.  We used the typical Post-Communion prayers Pascha Night and the Hours this morning after Liturgy.  Thank you very much and joyous Feast to all!

Kalo Pascha!

#2 Rdr Daniel (R.)

Rdr Daniel (R.)

Very Frequent Poster

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:41 PM

Dear Peter,

I also have heard that it is the practice to replace the Post-communion Prayers with the Paschal hours in some places. But personally I think this is a rather odd think to do, namely because the Paschal hours are there to replace the 'little' hours at Pascha and during Bright Week whereas the post-communion prayers are to give thanks for receiving holy communion. At our parish the post-communion prayers are only done after the liturgy of the pre-sanctified gifts after all other liturgies it is done by each person in his own home rather than communally at church. Our priest, who is my spiritual father, advised me not to replace the post-communion prayers with the paschal hours when I asked him. Personally I think I can't think of a reason for a parish to change its current practice, those who do the paschal hours should do so with the joy of the resurrection, those who do the post-communion prayers should do so with joy at receiving the holy gifts. But that's just by two pence.

In the risen Christ.

Daniel,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users