#41 Antonios

Antonios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:21 PM

I just read a few of the official documents and am very pleased with them. It seems amendments were made to some of the controversial topics.

#42 Kosta

Kosta

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:59 PM

I just read a few of the official documents and am very pleased with them. It seems amendments were made to some of the controversial topics.

Thank God the Church of Greece spoke up. Imagine if the traditional bishops of the Church of Greece did not decline? I expect the one controversial text to be completely thrown out by the Church of Greece in days and weeks ahead. It is still unacceptable.
I'm sure in the States the OCA will gladly reject the entirety of this council. As two of the churches that supposedly recognised their autocephaly have recinded their recognition.

#43 Panayotis

Panayotis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:49 PM

I have studied a reasonable amount of the fathers and Metropolitan Hierotheos is constant with their teachings on the Passions, his teaching is clearly based on that of St John Clamamcas and other monastic fathers, he also references them a lot.  The Metropolitan's writings are also in accord to writings of recent fathers like St Porphyrios.

Rather than discussing the details on one not especially controversial bishop we should be a little more concerned about the proclamations by some bishops in support of the ecumenical movement or changing the received eccleseology of the Church.  Some of the documents before the counsel this week are very problematic and have been theologically pulled to peaces by many theologians who are well grounded in the writings of the fathers.

#44 Panayotis

Panayotis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:54 PM

^ Well said. And not only that, but unfortunately today some people are happy to introduce and propagate almost any heresy under the sun into the Church while at the same time sharply criticizing the patristically grounded bishops and theologians.

#45 Anna Stickles

Anna Stickles

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:15 AM

Where did you find them?

#46 Matthew Panchisin

Matthew Panchisin

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:26 AM

Dear Anna,

https://www.holycoun...icial-documents

In Christ,