• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 David Newman

David Newman

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:49 PM

I somehow was able to find my mailbox once, but I have not been able to locate it since that time. How do I find my mailbox?

#2 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:21 PM

I somehow was able to find my mailbox once, but I have not been able to locate it since that time. How do I find my mailbox?

At the top of the page, pull down the "community" menu. There you will see an item for "My Private Messages" and that will take you to your messages page (or as you call it: mailbox).

Fr David Moser

#3 David Newman

David Newman

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:15 AM

I'm having a REALLY hard time navigating this website. Now I can't find my posts. I finally found a button that said "my posts," so I clicked on it. But it only told me that I had to wait twenty seconds between looking for posts. But I never looked for any posts there. I have to first look for a post before it tells me that. There isn't anything that shows us how to find our accepted posts. I made a post on Confession, but now I have no way to find it.

#4 Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

You need to spend a little more time, it seems, exploring and getting to know the form before becoming frustrated.

There is a link in the drop-down 'Community' menu, called 'My posts', which shows you all your posts; there is also an identical feature in one of the tabs of your profile.

The search system allows searches at 30 second intervals, to prevent server attacks. If you received a message saying you need to wait 20 seconds before your next search, it is because you had used the search feature within that timeframe, and simply need to wait a few seconds, as it says on the screen.

Private Messages are found in your in-box, which is always available from the 'My Private Messages' link on the 'Community' drop-down menu. Private Messages can be viewed by clicking on them in your in-box. You can delete a message via the box on the message itself; or, from the main screen of your in-box, you can delete multiple messages by ticking the boxes next to them, then selecting 'Delete' from the actions menu at the bottom, and clicking the button.

These things are readily visible and fairly obvious: you just need to take some time to explore and get to know the forum's features. If you have questions, the Community Handbook - also in the 'Community' drop-down menu - has many instructions and guides on forum features.

#5 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:26 PM

I have seen for new members as it happened to me also, is all new members posts are moderated for a short time until the mods feel comfortable with you. I don't know if it is a count of 5 or 10 or 15 but once you hit that magical number of comforatbility, your posts willbe immediately seen on the site otherwise there is a view delay. It's not in my impression a bad thing as we don't have a problem with spammers on this site. This allows the mods to evaluate each person to determine their intent on the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users