Noah's flood: why?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Michael Stickles

Michael Stickles

• Moderators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:23 AM

Elder Athanasius will be canonised by the Patriarchate in coming years because of his amazing theological insight ... he is not just an interpretor but a creator of insight into the Scriptures - hence, why I get excited often and love to post according to the things I have heard him say.

He explains in detail the door based on the Greek text of the Noah story ... I dont think its hard to understand the point he makes in that to enter into the ark (the church) there is only ONE door .. not two or three. This single door is baptism.

Vasiliki - do you know if this explanation by Elder Athanasius is in any books (whether written by him or by someone else)? I would love to read the full version myself. I know you mentioned listening to it on tape, but I absorb things much better by reading than by listening, so I was hoping to find a written version. I thought about PM-ing you but posted instead since I thought this might be of interest to others also.

Michael

#22 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:22 AM

Vasiliki - do you know if this explanation by Elder Athanasius is in any books (whether written by him or by someone else)? I would love to read the full version myself. I know you mentioned listening to it on tape, but I absorb things much better by reading than by listening, so I was hoping to find a written version. I thought about PM-ing you but posted instead since I thought this might be of interest to others also.

Michael

Haha .. no, the world is not quite ready for him yet. His homilies are only recorded (in Greek) and much of it has not been documented into books - the only homily entirely documented and translated into English is his series on Revelation, at the moment, and is due for release soon by Nikodemos Publications. Many of his homilies are translated into English but are themselves recordings. Kostas Zalalas is the person who has the blessing and is authorised by the monastery to speak the word of the Elder in English, again this is under the Saint Nicodemus Publication arm.

Everything else is in Greek and is not written down ... have patience God is slowly bringing his theology into the world but the time is not right yet.

What might help you is that the elder always uses dogmatics and patristic writings for his homilies ... he spends much of his time linking Apostle Paul and especially is fond of Saint John Chrysostom... so, work through Chrysostom and you will find the elder in the words of the Saint (or should I say u will find Chrysostom in the Elder ..lol)

God Bless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users