5 replies to this topic

#1 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:08 PM

Has anyone else been experience problems logging in of late? I am finding that sometimes it accepts my Username and passwords and then it doesnt and refuses to log me in.

Just curious.
Vasiliki

#2 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:15 PM

Has anyone else been experience problems logging in of late? I am finding that sometimes it accepts my Username and passwords and then it doesnt and refuses to log me in.

Just curious.
Vasiliki

I never log out so I avoid the problem.

#3 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

Dear Vasiliki, you wrote:

I cannot re-create this problem, and I log in and out several times daily from different machines. There have also not been any other reports of this; which leads me to think it is likely a problem on your end.

INXC, Dcn Matthew

#4 Ken McRae

Ken McRae

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:07 PM

There have also not been any other reports of this; which leads me to think it is likely a problem on your end.

I reported this problem a few years ago, via the PM route, but it got so bad after that, that I could never log in; so I decided to see what would happen if I opened a second account. I still experience this problem, however, even today.

In terms of logging out, if you periodically clear your computer cache, it will delete your Monachos cookie, which means you will need to log back in again, afterward. It is a good security practice to clear the cache of cookies and termporary internet files off your hard drive, from time-to-time.

#5 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:55 AM

Dear Ken, Vasiliki and others,

I cannot re-create this problem on any of our regular test machines (12 different computers running 5 different browsers on both Macs and PCs/Windows); nor have I ever been able to re-create it in my travels, where I regularly access the forum from all sorts of odd machines.

This really means it can only be a client-side issue, rather than one with the forum itself. It is possible that your browsers and/or computer configurations have some variable that causes you this problem.

Should you encounter it again, I can attempt to help if you contact me -- via Private Message please, not here in the forum -- with full and complete details (e.g. OS platform, browser and version, date and time, and verbose description of exactly what happens / error messages / what page you are on or returned to, etc.).

INXC, Dcn Matthew

#6 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

Is it normal for the Forum to ask for a new password? This is what happened today.

As I logged onto the Forum a message appeared saying that my password was 365 days old and therefore needs changing.

When I entered my old password in the 'new password' line however it accepted this and everything continued on as normal.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users