4 replies to this topic

#1 L. Allen

L. Allen

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:50 PM

I've tried to post something twice, and it's not getting onto the thread, although the thread has been updated a few times since I posted. I've had a message prompting me to log in (although I had already done so) before posting both messages, too. I'm just writing this to test what's going wrong!

#2 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:25 PM

I've tried to post something twice, and it's not getting onto the thread, although the thread has been updated a few times since I posted. I've had a message prompting me to log in (although I had already done so) before posting both messages, too. I'm just writing this to test what's going wrong!

As a new member, your messages are still under moderation. There are a number of reasons why it is not showing up. Perhaps one of the moderators (all of us are clergy and thus in services frequently) was not online when you posted and thus it was not yet approved, or perhaps it was not approved and deleted for some reason (in which case you should receive some kind of automatic notification I believe). We try to help out new members by suggesting alternatives to posts which are not approved but again, the moderator is not always able to do this. I know that today, up until at least sometime this afternoon, we were all in services for the Annunciation and thus there was a large pileup of unapproved posts in the moderation queue. (It is almost 5:30pm here and this is the first time I have really had to logon and read posts today.)

Fr David Moser

#3 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:23 PM

As a new member, your messages are still under moderation. There are a number of reasons why it is not showing up. Perhaps one of the moderators (all of us are clergy and thus in services frequently) was not online when you posted and thus it was not yet approved, or perhaps it was not approved and deleted for some reason (in which case you should receive some kind of automatic notification I believe). We try to help out new members by suggesting alternatives to posts which are not approved but again, the moderator is not always able to do this. I know that today, up until at least sometime this afternoon, we were all in services for the Annunciation and thus there was a large pileup of unapproved posts in the moderation queue. (It is almost 5:30pm here and this is the first time I have really had to logon and read posts today.)

Fr David Moser

Dear L. Allen,

What Fr David describes was the exact situation for me yesterday.

I personally at that time approved one post from you which seemed to be a revision of a previous one also in the moderator's queue.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#4 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

An important PS to the previous post since our non-Orthodox members would not necessarily know this.

For the Orthodox, Holy Week effectively begins this coming Saturday morning with Lazarus Saturday. This means that we have services twice a day at least through this week and sometimes even more. Since these services get longer as we approach the end of Holy Week and Pascha our time becomes quite limited for other things. Although in general we do often take a fast look through of the Forum as we can during Holy Week.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#5 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

I made a post in the "World News and Events" area yesterday evening and I was wondering if it might have been lost in the shuffle.

But, I just did a search of posts for the past 1 day and noticed it was down in that group not high-lighted in bold faced type with the others that I had already read.

I know that area is moderated all the time, but I am wondering if these posts ever show up like the other posts which are easy to identify as being new and not read? Paul started a pretty good thread there, but it seems to be hard to keep up with in terms of the new posts.

In Christ,
Rick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users