3 replies to this topic

#1 Stuart Dunn

Stuart Dunn

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:24 AM

Has anyone heard of or read anything about Paul Nadim Tarazi's commentary? It can be located here. Thanks for any feedback on this.

#2 Christophoros

Christophoros

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:18 AM

http://orthodoxinfo....-to-heresy.aspx

#3 Kosta

Kosta

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:38 AM

He was for a time the pastor of an antiochan parish, mostly of palestinian immigrants here on Long Island, NY. I have his book, 'The Old Testament Introduction' VOL 2. I havent seen anything objectionable in the book. It describes the historical and cultural backgrounds during the eras that the ot events take place in, and their significance. Its not an orthodox commentary per se but more a secular critical look. So you wont find the interpretations of the Church Fathers in it. He incorporates theories on the transmission of various OT passages thru the centuries.
I wouldnt buy his NT stuff, he's more of an expert on the OT and in hebrew from what i understand. Alot better scholars out there for NT studies.

#4 Christophoros

Christophoros

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:08 PM

I encourage anyone considering purchasing texts written by Fr. Paul Tarazi to read the review by Archimandrite Touma (Bitar), Abbot of the Monastery of St. Silouan in Douma, Lebanon, posted on the www.orthodoxinfo.com website.

The Orthodoxy of Fr. Paul's opinions are clearly in question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users