• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Olga Hatz

Olga Hatz

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:15 AM

I hope this is in the right catogory. I wish to pray to a father or mother of the church that is known to help women when they want to start a family. Also, any prayers or texts would be wonderful to help me fall pregnant, and even more importantly, help me with the spiritual life of my future child and how I should raise it, being such a sinner myself in this world.

Thank you very much

#2 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:59 AM

The two traditional Saints in our church that MOST Orthodox I know go to first are: -

Sainta Anna, the Mother of the Theotokos. If you wish to pray to her directly, you might want to get in contact with the Monastery in Mount Athos. They have a miraculous icon of Saint Anna and it is adorned in "tamata" from the many miracles Christ has permitted her to be the messenger of (I have a personal miracle I know of with her ...my friend gave birth to a baby ON the day of Saint Anna!

The next Saint most Orthodox turn to is Saint Chrysovalantou and her apple :)

Again, these are the two MAIN Saints attributed to this ... there are others also but on a more minor scale but at the end of the day ..it really is Christ and it is about your faith - ALL the Saints are compassionate enought to pray to God on your behalf if you intercede to them in love and simplicity.

God Bless you ...

I hope you have a baby soon :)

V.

#3 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,821 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:12 AM

Here are a few to get you thinking:

Sts Zachariah and Elizabeth (parents of St John the Baptist)
Sts Joachim and Anna (parents of the Mother of God)
St Irene Chrysovalantou (a particular favourite among Greeks wanting to conceive)
... and, of course, the Mother of God herself!

#4 Olga Hatz

Olga Hatz

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:31 AM

Thank you both for the info. I haven't been trying for long but I know it's not only eating the right food and things like that. It has to be a spiritual thing too. I guess Im a little worried cause all through school and growing up they tend to say it only takes 1 time, and well it now seems it's much more complicated!

My aunt wanted children her whole life, but never was able to concieve. She only knew her husband, never used the pill and was spiritual person. So I guess I'm a little worried because she did all the right things. Now, she has left the church alittle becuase she doesn't understand why.

I know I sin when I sometimes think that there are people in this world that are horrible to their children yet are able to bear them when others that would make great mothers are not given the chance. I don't know why the Lord allows this but I trust him.

#5 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

Olga, I know how you feel but try to trust in Him and glorify Him. It is difficult I know and easier said than done but everything happens in God's perfect timing.

Pray to God. Also ask the intercessions of the saints mentioned here and your favorite/patron saints. Relax (do not stress over it) and do not think much about it. Leave it in God's Hands in prayer and go on with your life. Also go to Confession and receive Holy Communion as often as you can.

Also buy ovulation tests and during the time you expect to ovulate, try to test morning and evening (because most of the time the ovulation lasts only 12 hours!).

May God gift you soon a beautiful, blessed baby!

#6 Olga Hatz

Olga Hatz

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:23 AM

Thank you for all your good wishes! It means alot to me!

#7 Antonios

Antonios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:27 AM

Dear Olga,

One of the most spiritual moments in my life which I have shared with my wife occurred before the icon of St. Irene Chrysovalantou . Both of us were in tears, praying for her intercession. Though we were before her icon for just a few minutes, it felt as if time had slowed to a stop. We left the church feeling several pounds lighter, as if our shoulders were relieved from some invisible weight.
Three months later, we were overjoyed with the news that my wife was with child. The quickening, that is the first movements of the child my wife felt within her womb, happened on St. Chrysovolantou's name day (which we didn't even know it was her name day until several hours later!)
This may seem extraordinary, but it happens all the time. She has performed countless such miracles!
Pray to her for help. She will.

Posted Image

Apolytikion:
Plagal of the First Tone

Not a temporal kingdom on earth didst thou obtain, but Christ, thy most comely Bridegroom, vouchsafed thee heavenly crowns, and thou reignest as a queen with Him eternally; for thou didst dedicate thyself unto Him with all thy soul, O Irene, our righteous Mother, thou boast of Chrysovalantou, and mighty help of all the Orthodox.

Kontakion:
Third Tone

Leaving all the world behind with its impermanent glory, thou wast wedded unto Christ, the King immortal and holy, bringing Him as precious dowry thy maiden beauty and thy trophies won through abstinence over demons. O Irene, our righteous Mother, entreat thy Bridegroom to show His mercy to us.

In Christ,
Antonios

#8 Kusanagi

Kusanagi

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:56 AM

I hope this is in the right catogory. I wish to pray to a father or mother of the church that is known to help women when they want to start a family. Also, any prayers or texts would be wonderful to help me fall pregnant, and even more importantly, help me with the spiritual life of my future child and how I should raise it, being such a sinner myself in this world.

Thank you very much

There are 2 known icons of the Mother of God which I know, that you can pray to for this case.

Mother of God of Albazin

Mother of God of Fertility. (or Royal i could be wrong)

#9 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:56 AM

Dear Olga,
Three months later, we were overjoyed with the news that my wife was with child.
In Christ,
Antonios

This is amazing Antonios what happened to you and your wife, since it happened to us also! 3 months after we visited the church of St. Irene Chrysovalantou and asked for her intercessions, we found out that we are expecting! :) God is glorified in His Saints!

#10 Olga Hatz

Olga Hatz

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:19 AM

Thank you all for your posts. I have started praying to St Irene Chrysovalantou.

God's Will be done

Olga

#11 Anna K.

Anna K.

Regular Poster

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

Nina dear,

What wonderful news, glory to God!

Olga, may God be with you and grant you and your husband all his earthly and heavenly gifts!

In Christ,
Anna K

#12 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:14 PM

Thank you all for your posts. I have started praying to St Irene Chrysovalantou.

God's Will be done

Olga

Is there a church of Saint Irene Chrysovalantou in Australia that has the blessed apples? If not write to the church here in NYC, or the monastery in Greece (Vasiliki knows that monastery) and they can send you. (Or if you would like I can send you the rest of the apples I took in NYC's church - PM me with address if you wish.)

Also pray to Saint Anna for intercession. If you have a church of Saint Anna there ask for some holy oil and anoint. If you do not have church of St. Anna, contact the monastery in Mount Athos and they will help you.

#13 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:13 PM

Is there a church of Saint Irene Chrysovalantou in Australia that has the blessed apples? If not write to the church here in NYC, or the monastery in Greece (Vasiliki knows that monastery) and they can send you. (Or if you would like I can send you the rest of the apples I took in NYC's church - PM me with address if you wish.)

Also pray to Saint Anna for intercession. If you have a church of Saint Anna there ask for some holy oil and anoint. If you do not have church of St. Anna, contact the monastery in Mount Athos and they will help you.

I already sent a private message to Olga, however, I think she should visit the Monastery of Pantanassa in NSW - the Elder of that monastery is very enlightened and so are the two monks under him (one is a childhood friend of mine from before he became a monk so I testify to the character of all three).

If that is hard, there is one OTHER monastery in NSW - all females that is near the Pantanassa. The Abbess of that monastery is gorgeous! I dont know a single person who hasnt visited her and come away - with prayers *unanswered!

The other thing I can offer is to send a piece of Saint Irene's apple that I have had for over 10 years now. If Olga wishes, she can PM her mail details or call me to arrange.

V.

#14 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:25 AM

The other thing I can offer is to send a piece of Saint Irene's apple that I have had for over 10 years now.
V.

I just read the life of St. Irene. Please tell us more about this apple you have. Where it came from, who gave it to you and how it still exists after 10 years. In her story, she ate the three apples she was given.

#15 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:48 AM

I just read the life of St. Irene. Please tell us more about this apple you have. Where it came from, who gave it to you and how it still exists after 10 years. In her story, she ate the three apples she was given.

There is a monastery in Greece, which was founded by Saint Irene Chrysovalantou .... she was seen at night digging the foundations for this monastery.

The piece of apple I have is from this monastery and was given to me by the Abbess back in 94. Another girl I know was trying for children 5 years and both her and her husband were told they could not have children. Her sister is my friend, so when I had come back from Greece she had come over for coffee and I was telling her about the different places and stories and the apple came up and its purpose. She told me about her sister and I said, well, why dont you give her the apple and she prays to the Saint.

Her sister fell pregnant 40 days after this ... and gave birth to a boy on the Feast day of Saint Anna (the Mother of God) if that wasnt a miracle, I dont know what is.

Over the yeas, I give pieces of the remaining apple to friends and women I know who want to conceive. Why the apple hasnt moulded - I dont know; the grace of God perhaps? :)

The apple is not the original from the year of St Irene. It is a custom for the Greek people (maybe other jurisdictions too I would know) but each year, at the Vesper service of St Irene Chrysovalantou, the pious bring the apples to the church and a special blessing is read by the priest (a similar concept to the Fanouropita, right). The faithful then take the apples home and eat from the apple and it is a "mystery" regarding the blessing that is imparted ... but many women who consume from this apple fall pregnant (usually) within 3-6 months ...

I glorify God in this ... he has SO much humility that he permits this miracle to work through the honour of St Irene, his faithful and loyal servant, so that she can be remembered for her dedication to him - through the tearful joy of these parents!

Like I said, my pieice came from the monastery - the abbess had some apples from the Vespers service and she gave me an apple to bring back to Australia ... why in 10 years it hasnt disintegrated is not for me to know but the pieces smell beautiful! :)

#16 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:27 AM

Paul thanks for the smiles again. No, we do not have the original pieces of the apples of St. Irene :) I know you asked VV, but I can also add that we have here in USA a church in Astoria, NYC which is dedicated to Saint Irene Ch. And when we visited there they gave me pieces of apple which were wrapped in aluminum foil and in the little plastic envelope there was also a piece of cotton with holy oil from the icon of St. Irene. I got lots of them as greedy that I am :) so I still have although I ate some after receiving Holy Communion. I think the grace of God still is imparted through the blessing prayers and He continues to bless us through His grace. At the church they are so nice, they told me if I couldn't visit I could have simply called and they would have mailed the apples to me.

#17 Olga Hatz

Olga Hatz

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:44 AM

I am sorry I couldn't reply earlier to the posts but I work all weekend with no time to get to a computer. The kindness of all is so inspiring, thank you so much for all your kind offerings. Antonios was the first person to email me privately so I asked him to send me a piece of apple when he can. I didn't recieve any other private messages.

I am praying daily to St Irene now, and to St Anna I will add to my prayers. It just inspires me to hear the story of St Irene, she was so blessed that God sent her apples from paradise! Can you imagine that?!

I don't think anyone in this world now can be that good, especially me! I think I am going through this difficulty now so I can learn to be more humble.

#18 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:40 AM

I have very special news for everyone! Glory to God for his never ending mercy and love!

Around the time of this thread, a piece of the apple was given to a friend of mine called Kathy, she called me today to let me know that she is well over 3 months pregnant (umm, cough, apparantly St Irene worked her miracle immediately).

She took the piece of apple exactly 3 weeks after I personally gave it to her and after a week would have conceived and realised she was pregnant a bit later after that.

This weekend I am going to Sydney, I hope to catch up with Olga (if she answers her phone) to give her a piece of this apple and see if she is well.

I have not forgotten her request to fall pregnant, I really hope that God has granted this and if not that she conceives soon.

Can we all pray for her?

Vasiliki

#19 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:46 AM

Thank God for the pregnancy of Kathy dear VV! It is so wonderful that you gave the apple to her. You are such a blessing!

Yes, please do tell us about Olga. I have thought about her often these months. I pray all things are well.

#20 David Robles

David Robles

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:09 AM

Greetings!
I know of 2 great miracle working methods.
1) When I visited the monastery of Vatopaidi in Mt Athos, I venerated the belt of the Theotokos. Ribbons are touched to this relic and blessed by it. They are given to the men to take to their wives. They are worn as belts around the waist, for 14 days while fasting ( outside the normal period of fasting). The couple also abstains from conjugal relations during this period. At the end of this period the couple comes together. The brothers at Vatopaidi have lost count of the number of women who have been able to conceive.

2) The tears of the wonder working icon of the Theotokos in the monastery of St Nicolas, in the island of Andros, also help women conceive. The woman ingests a little piece of cotton soaked with these tears, and unites with her spouse, and conceive in this manner.

Both items can be acquired by writting to the respective monasteries.

God bless you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users