75 replies to this topic

#21 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:31 AM

Everyone, I have fantastic news - Olga (Hatz) is also pregnant! She and Kathy appear to have both conceived around the same time - I am so happy this week! Both wanted to be pregnant around the same time and I find out from both in the same week they are both pregnant due to St Irene Chrysovalantou. I have goose bumps thinking about it. Let me share Olga's email with you all:

M HAVING A BABY!!!!!!

I am 17 weeks 2morow. I was praying to St Irene and St Anna, and my ovulation date was on the same day as St Irene's feast day and I feel pregnant that day!!! It's such a great blessing, but I didnt want to tell anyone until 3 months had passed- my 1st trimester.

If it's a boy I will name him Nektarios, after St Nekatarios, and if it's a girl, Samatha, after my grandfather who I was so close to, like he was my father. I hope St Irene understands im not naming her after her, but I prayed that to her while I was trying, so I think she understands.

Please tell everyone on the forum, as I dont know when I can log in again, please thank them all for their prayers, and thank you so much for being such a wonderful friend, I know God sent you to me, my friend.

#22 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:46 AM

YAY! Thank God for Olga's baby too! No wonder about the miracle God worked again through St. Irene.

#23 Marinaki

Marinaki

Regular Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:44 PM

The Monastery in Rhodes dedicated to the Virgin Mary Tsambika is effective in this case ... there are lost of little kids (and now adults in Rhodes) called Tsambika or Tsambikos in honour!!
Photo here (text in Greek)

#24 Penelopi K.

Penelopi K.

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:00 PM

Thank you so much for this wonderful thread!

I am a newly married Greek Orthodox woman who has been having difficulty conceiving. The doctors have told me that I have a condition that will require fertility medication and more in order to conceive. Even though I have filled my prescription, I feel VERY uncomfortable taking any medication. Back in December, I was feeling extremely upset one day and so I went to my local church, which happens to be St. Irene Chrysovalantou. I lit a candle and said a prayer. At the time there was a sermon going on. My husband and I stayed for al ittle bit and then left. Before we left a pamphlet of what I thought was the Virgin Mary caught my eye. I took a pamphlet and we went home. After reading the pamphlet, I found that it was in honor of Agia Anna, whose nameday it happened to be (Dec. 9). I was unaware of her story and immediately knew it was a sign that of ALL days to feel so frustrated and to go to church, it was HER nameday! I have been searching in vain for prayers or similar stories and today, I stumble upon this site. What a blessing!!! I will be going to church again this Wednesday and asking my priest what the next steps I should take. in the meantime, I will continue to pray to St. Irene and St. Anna and hopefully my husband and I will be blessed with a child soon!!!

god Bless you all!

#25 Owen

Owen

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:43 AM

St. Anna, mother of the Theotokos, is frequently resorted to by somen having problems conceiving.

#26 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:57 AM

Dear Penelopi you are doing the right thing! :) May St. Anna and St. Irene help you and your husband and intercede to God so He may grant you both a beautiful, healthy baby boy!

#27 Penelopi K.

Penelopi K.

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:50 PM

Thank you so much!!! Of course boy or girl, as long as we are blessed with a healthy baby!!!

I willk eep you all posted!

#28 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:59 PM

In the early church of Jerusalem (Beit Jala) there is great evidence to support that many barren women would turn to St George the Great Martyr for assistance. Infact, this tradition still holds and it holds not just for Orthodox christians but the Muslim community holds the Saint in high regard for his miracle workings (in general and specifically for child bearing).

#29 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:57 AM

He he he Penelopi of course! I do not even know why I said baby boy.

Vasiliki, that is why they place St. George's icon at the entrance door of homes there???

#30 Penelopi K.

Penelopi K.

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:00 PM

That is so interesting!!! I do admit that I have never really been well read on the lives of the saints, but this past year has
proven to be a very spiritual for me and I love to learn more about them. Thank you!

#31 Alice

Alice

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

Everyone, I have fantastic news - Olga (Hatz) is also pregnant! She and Kathy appear to have both conceived around the same time - I am so happy this week! Both wanted to be pregnant around the same time and I find out from both in the same week they are both pregnant due to St Irene Chrysovalantou. I have goose bumps thinking about it. Let me share Olga's email with you all:

If it's a boy I will name him Nektarios, after St Nekatarios, and if it's a girl, Samatha, after my grandfather who I was so close to, like he was my father. I hope St Irene understands im not naming her after her, but I prayed that to her while I was trying, so I think she understands.

Dear Vasiliki,

This is just a suggestion, but perhaps Olga might consider giving Irene as a middle name to her baby?

The Orthodox church allows babies to be baptized with two, and even three (as in my daughter's case, and she was baptized in Greece) names!!

Regards,
In Christ,
Alice

#32 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:40 AM

Dear Vasiliki,

This is just a suggestion, but perhaps Olga might consider giving Irene as a middle name to her baby?

The Orthodox church allows babies to be baptized with two, and even three (as in my daughter's case, and she was baptized in Greece) names!!

Regards,
In Christ,
Alice

Three names??????? So we can give more than 2 names in Baptism?????? That will be great because I have many saints I love and our parents' names. :) So they have all these saints patron and that is the name (3, 4 names) written in Heaven for them?

#33 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:21 AM

Calm down Nina,

Just remember keep them all the same gender.

Bobby Jo is a girl's name.
Bobby Joe is a boy's name

Nicholas Irene Stephen will surely confuse someone down the road if not the child.

#34 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:50 PM

Olga is due to give birth in April ... she had sent me a message a while ago telling me that she was having a baby boy and that she would be naming him Nektarios ... after Easter, I plan to go up to Sydney and plan to catch up with mother and baby (I pray that she has a good birth) ... I think it sounds like she will be having an easter baby :) Yay! Olga (and Kathy my other girlfriend) both conceived through the intercessions and love of St Irene Chrysovalantou and are both about to enter that last period of pregnancy ... it is so exciting ... a double miracle!!

#35 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:17 AM

Dear Friends, it is with great "joy and relief" and pleasure that I wish to announce that Olga gave birth on Friday, 14th April 2010 at 3.45am to a beautiful and healthy boy to be named Nektarios Harry.

Mother and child are doing well :)

Glory to God!

Vasiliki

#36 Anna Stickles

Anna Stickles

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

Glory be to God! Great day to be born, (Of course I am prejudice since the 14th is my birthday, too. :-) Although April 14th was Wed. so I don't know if you meant Wed. or April 16th.

#37 Anastasia F.

Anastasia F.

Junior Poster

• Validating
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:46 PM

Yasas,

I have joined the forum today as I have been reading all your special stories and amazing advise and because of what I have read I am hoping that someone can assist:

I was wondering if someone could give me the address for the Monastery in Greece so that I can write to them and request for the help of Saint Irene Chrisovalantou to bless me with a child as we have been trying for 1 and a half years. My friend came back from Cyprus last year and she was given the newsletter which I would like to sign up for, she was also given some holy oil along with the blessed apple and tie for around the waist. Can anyone please send me in the right direction? I have been praying every day and I know that one day soon God and Ayia Irini Chrisovalantou will hear my prayers, ideally I would LOVE to go to the church in Greece but at teh moment this is nto going ot be possible.

Thank you all for listening.

#38 Eleni C.

Eleni C.

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

Hello.....Happy new year! My Name is eleni, my husband and I have been married for four years now. during this time we have been trying to concieve. We have left it in gods hands but havent been blessed with a baby as yet. my husband and I are both 26 years of age. I would like some help as to which saint to pray for, for fertility. also is there a certain prayer?

thank you very much

god bless xxx

#39 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:46 AM

Dear sister in Christ Eleni,
Have you read this thread at all?

#40 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

This is a link with great info (with info for Panagia & Saints we ask for intercession) for women pre-conception, pregnant women, lehones (post-partum) and mothers/parents. Maybe Vasiliki, or someone else can translate it? Time permitting of course.

http://www.synaxario...tos_paidia.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users