#1 Ken McRae

Ken McRae

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

Today I sent 3 private messages, all to the same moderator. I did not change the copy setting and so a copy of each of the 3 private messages should have been 'automatically' saved to my 'Messages Sent' folder. However, only a copy of the first message was saved. I have checked my 'Sent' folder several times, and I cannot see any copies of the second and third private messages. Can anyone tell me why?

Each of the three messages were sent as replies to those 'automated' messages that are sent out to persons on 'moderated' status, to notify them of the approval of their post(s). In the first private message, I did not change the message title, which began with 'RE:' and was followed by the 'automated' title of the original message. That first private message was automatically saved to my 'Sent' folder.

In the second and third private messages, I did the same thing. I opened one of the automated messages I received, and clicked on the 'reply' tab. However, in both of these two messages, I completely changed the original title and deleted the original automated message; so it was, in effect, not really a reply to those 'automated' messages, but a completely new message; though the body of each message was similar in nature.

Is it possible that the software program viewed the second and third private messages as 'spam' and automatically deleted them? I have provided these details in the hope that someone can tell me what I have done wrong, and why copies of the second and third PM's were not automatically saved to my 'Sent' folder?

Thank you for your thoughts and assistance with this problem.

#2 Ken McRae

Ken McRae

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:54 AM

It is the strangest thing, but when I checked my 'Messages Sent' folder 4 hours later, the missing copies of the second and third PM's were there in the folder. What can I possibly say except that I am extremely puzzled :confused: about why they did not appear in the folder immediately? Could this have something to do with the cookies? Or some other kind of software gliche? :rolleyes:

#3 Ken McRae

Ken McRae

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:29 AM

It just dawned on me that the word 'gliche' is a mis-spelling, and that the correct spelling is likely 'glitch'! Oh well, I'm not the best speller, so should have checked it out before posting. Sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users