Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:57 PM

Fr. Dcn,

I am still having an issue with viewing "whos on line". If I have ANY unread posts, I cannot click on "community" and scroll down to click "whos on line". The popup box does open (3 inches below the word "community") but the right hand scroll bar does not allow mw to scroll down and all I can see is 2/3 of the pop up box.

If I have no unread posts, I can then click on "Community" and the popup still opens 3 inches lower, but now the scroll bar allows me to scroll down to the bottom of the box and click on "whos on line".

Paul

#122 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

Is anyone having there in-text cursor jump from where they are to the top of the dialogue box? For example, as I write this in the dialog box (also happens in a PM) if I go beyond the height of the dialog box so that the text begins to scroll down into the dialogue box; if I stop typing and move my mouse, the cursor I was typing is now to the top of the dialaogue box. In order to continue typing where I left off at the bottom of the text, I have to scroll back down with or without my mouse and hope my mouse does not move again or it jumps back to the top of the box. As long as I am writing within the dialogue box and not deeper "out of sight" everything is fine.

Maybe this is a way to help me keep my posts short.

Or is my computer possessed?

Paul

#123 Herman Blaydoe

Herman Blaydoe

• Moderators
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:45 AM

Is anyone having there in-text cursor jump from where they are to the top of the dialogue box? For example, as I write this in the dialog box (also happens in a PM) if I go beyond the height of the dialog box so that the text begins to scroll down into the dialogue box; if I stop typing and move my mouse, the cursor I was typing is now to the top of the dialaogue box. In order to continue typing where I left off at the bottom of the text, I have to scroll back down with or without my mouse and hope my mouse does not move again or it jumps back to the top of the box. As long as I am writing within the dialogue box and not deeper "out of sight" everything is fine.

Maybe this is a way to help me keep my posts short.

Or is my computer possessed?

Paul

Your computer is most definitely possessed, by Microsoft! I honestly suggest you try another browser, anything other than MS Explorer. Use a web-standards compliant browser like FireFox, or Crome, or Safari (my personal fav), they are all free downloads. I have to use MS Exploder at work, they don't let me download software on to a Govt computer, but my home is a Microsoft-free zone. Try to avoid MS Exploiter at all costs! It is the most nonsecure and non-compliant browser there is.

#124 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

Dear all,

Yes, there are a few bugs (more than I'd like) remaining with the forum in its current state - particularly if one uses an older or non-compliant browser.

The company that produces the software the runs the forum is releasing its next major version in the weeks ahead. I'm hopeful that when this arrives, it will help sort through these bugs, as well as sort out some other minor issues.

INXC, Dcn Matthew

#125 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:57 AM

Thank you Fr. Dcn.

I was not pointing fingers, only offering tidbits. Wasn't sure if you were working on "window dressing" or more technical stuff. Your tireless efforts are tremendously appreciated. Please ignore my pandering desires. I AM American afterall. What else would you expect from us?;)

Paul

#126 Michael Stickles

Michael Stickles

• Moderators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

Yes, there are a few bugs (more than I'd like) remaining with the forum in its current state - particularly if one uses an older or non-compliant browser.

The company that produces the software the runs the forum is releasing its next major version in the weeks ahead. I'm hopeful that when this arrives, it will help sort through these bugs, as well as sort out some other minor issues.

Yay! I'd kind of been suspecting such might be the case, especially since some of the problems I've seen change their appearance depending on whether I'm using IE7, IE8, or Firefox. Here's hoping...

#127 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:09 AM

Just to confirm that the new version of the software engine that powers the forum is currently undergoing its fifth beta version, and is now very close to 'Release Candidate 1' phase. Hopefully there will be only one or two such candidates before the gold release, at which point we can start customising it for upgrading our software here in the Discussion Community.

Because this new package is coming so soon (hopefully within the next 4-8 weeks), I've taken the decision not to work on sorting through the various minor bugs and quirks with the current forum design and configuration. I am hopeful that most of these will be addressed in the new core package. I'm grateful to everyone for the willingness to 'grin and bear it' through some of the little quirks on the system at present. It shouldn't be too long!

INXC, Dcn Matthew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users